Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2021, 07:53 AM

19,716 posts, read 20,244,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post

....so how did a woman’s even fit him? Men’s g strings have “cups” or a lot of extra material to hold stuff in place.
I know right, the visuals are killing me here lmao

Old 05-18-2021, 07:53 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,127,100 times
We are Borg.

Old 05-18-2021, 08:31 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
I saw this guy on social media a while back, but was recently reminded: https://www.boredpanda.com/confident...-markbryan911/

Quote:
Mark Bryan is an American, but he currently lives in Germany and is a robotic engineer. He lives his life like every other person, except that he challenges gender stereotypes every day. He almost always wears a skirt and heels while he goes to work, to the town, and even at home. And let's just say he looks absolutely fabulous while he does.

Old 05-18-2021, 09:09 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,325,075 times
Nouns have gender, people have sex.

if you haven't noticed, women and men are shaped differently. You can decide to put all ”pants” in the same area of the store, but then you'll still have to separate those intended for the men's shape from those intended for that of women. Every single item will have to be divided up that way. Then there are things that one sex uses that the other one doesn't - brassieres, for example. So even if you could magically wash away the desire of men and women to dress differently that has persisted for the last ten thousand years or so, you'd still end up separating the clothing according to sex - and the most efficient way to do that is to have the men's section and the women's section.

You'll note that the baby section isn't divided - because boy babies and girl babies aren't shaped differently yet.

Old 05-18-2021, 09:31 AM

16,073 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
You'll note that the baby section isn't divided - because boy babies and girl babies aren't shaped differently yet.
The shape of clothing is whatever WE make it, you can take any style of clothing and shape it to fit male or female. I don't understand why this is such a sticking point for so many people. Dresses are not 'shaped for women', dresses can be shaped to fit anyone. It's not like all us women have the same shape, we come in a huge variety of shapes. We managed to make pants fit a woman's shape after all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
It’s not nude dancing tho....so how did a woman’s even fit him? Men’s g strings have “cups” or a lot of extra material to hold stuff in place for them.

IMO you made a point in favor of gender clothing Hardly ....to show that we have different needs & things to be covered. It makes no sense IMO for a man to wear a woman’s g string or a woman to wear a man’s. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It’s like saying men should wear bikinis & bras...AND women should wear jockstraps. So far off track here... not at ALL what I'm saying

edit: Ofc there is gender clothing.....but your ex can still wear ladies panties AND everybody can wear what they want. But why change it for everybody? Some want the differences.... I love my husband dressing & being “manly”.
Still not getting it. Of course they can WEAR them, but the acceptance is not there, it is JUST NOT. WHY is that ok for women but not men, why are you ok with the double standard? Do you even see the double standard?
And for the record, back in the day when they first started showing up in retail stores a woman's g-string was fuller than they are now, not the butt floss with a tiny patch of fabric in front. Clothing styles morph, all of them.
(Let's just say that he had a small, wiry dancers body and made a lot of tips and leave it at that shall we.
Don't want to go all the way with TMI here.)

Old 05-18-2021, 09:53 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,581,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
The shape of clothing is whatever WE make it, you can take any style of clothing and shape it to fit male or female. I don't understand why this is such a sticking point for so many people. Dresses are not 'shaped for women', dresses can be Of course they can WEAR them, but the acceptance is not there, it is JUST NOT. WHY is that ok for women but not men, why are you ok with the double standard? Do you even see the double standard?

Tho I’m not saying that ppl shouldn’t accept what other ppl wear...or that there aren’t different styles & fits for everybody. Ofc. BUT the way to more acceptance IMO isn’t to remove options for other ppl that love the differences between a man’s & woman’s body....AND we understand that our needs are all different.

So Ita...accept the man that wants to wear a dress AND if they eventually transition too. Tho why do I have to think it’s masculine? Why can’t I love my man dressing “manly”? I’m not saying that all men have to dress the way he does or be manly in the same ways. I love wearing skirts, heels, leggings, jeans & low cut tees. I’m not saying that other women have to dress like me...it’s just how I want to dress. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 05-18-2021, 10:30 AM

2,039 posts, read 4,554,950 times
I was just was reading a piece on misconceptions of historical clothing and fashion. Apparently, high heels were originally a man only thing. Their origin dates back to the 10th century and were actually first used for military applications due to their practicality for Persian cavalry. Women's adoption of them only took place in the last few centuries.

Other clothing originally worn by both sexes were dresses and skirts. They have a long history and versions of them were worn by nearly every type of person from all different eras and civilizations.

This probably isn't the same as gender neutral but close enough.

Also, pink was originally a color for baby boys (just thought I'd throw that out there, lol).

Old 05-18-2021, 10:36 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
The shape of clothing is whatever WE make it, you can take any style of clothing and shape it to fit male or female. I don't understand why this is such a sticking point for so many people. Dresses are not 'shaped for women', dresses can be shaped to fit anyone. It's not like all us women have the same shape, we come in a huge variety of shapes. We managed to make pants fit a woman's shape after all.Still not getting it. Of course they can WEAR them, but the acceptance is not there, it is JUST NOT. WHY is that ok for women but not men, why are you ok with the double standard? Do you even see the double standard?
And for the record, back in the day when they first started showing up in retail stores a woman's g-string was fuller than they are now, not the butt floss with a tiny patch of fabric in front. Clothing styles morph, all of them.
(Let's just say that he had a small, wiry dancers body and made a lot of tips and leave it at that shall we.
Don't want to go all the way with TMI here.)
No, it seems to be a sticking point with you though, in that you are not understanding at all basic biology.

Fact is, men and women have different shapes, period, thus despite the SJW mantra, it is an easy identifier for clothing to separate between men and women where needed.

Hip-waist ratio, armpit area, shoulder width, etc, are generally different between men and women.

Sure, every 400lbs person, regardless being a man or woman, is generally the same fit, got it. However, luckily so far, most of us in the world are not obese, yet.

This is why there are children's and baby sections also, and are not just tossed into the mix with everyone else. Even if an adult and kid are nearly the same size, the ratio like around the armpit/shoulder area, will be different, with the kids stuff having a much narrower fit than an adult.

Now that we got past the biology thing, we can get into the "what people want" thing. Men and women generally, so far overwhelmingly in the last several thousand years, have desired different things than each other in regards to clothing. That is a fact also, you disagreeing or agreeing, you liking it or not, does not change this fact.

Old 05-18-2021, 01:11 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Have you been shopping for baby clothes recently? It's extremely separated by gender. Babies aren't shaped differently, but there are racks of pastel dresses over here, and primary colors with baby work boots over there. That's where the indoctrination of "girls wear this, and boys wear that" starts.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 05-18-2021 at 02:02 PM..

Old 05-18-2021, 01:27 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Have you been shopping for baby clothes recently? It's extremely separated by gender. Babies aren't shaped differently, but there are racks of primary sparkly dresses over here, and primary colors over there. That's where the indoctrination of "girls wear this, and boys wear that" starts.
If it is indoctrination, then how is it some people "feel" they should wear a particular item of clothing over another type?

If they were indoctrinated, obviously they would not have such feelings. If it is biological, then there would obviously be no indoctrination needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty