Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2021, 03:58 PM

76 posts, read 88,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shania02 View Post
Now day's we have gender typical clothing and styles for man and woman.
But why must have clothing a gender?
Is it may be better that clothing should have no gender and everyone can choose what he/she likes to wear?
Because the importend thing to wear clothing is to keep us warm, so why have clothing a gender?
I'm extremely cis and female, so I prefer women's clothes. I'm not opposed to gender-neutral clothing but I don't think it should be the only option out there.

Old 07-18-2021, 05:13 PM

4,430 posts, read 2,665,626 times
Clothing has no gender.

Some people - marketers, consumers, fashionistas, etc. - attribute gender to clothing.

But everyone is free to ignore that.

So what's the problem?

Old 07-18-2021, 07:23 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,500,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post

Some people - marketers, consumers, fashionistas, etc. - attribute gender to clothing.

But everyone is free to ignore that.

So what's the problem?

Some clothing is gender specific tho. Men don’t need bras or bikinis. Women don’t need jockstraps. The problem is when ppl think they have control over what somebody else wants to wear even if we over it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edit: it’s super amazing to me the same ppl who fight that men should be able to wear a dress or women that want to be accepted for dressing “like men”....are the 1st to make a stink out of women like me dressing in a low cut gown or a short skirt.

Last edited by TashaPosh; 07-18-2021 at 07:52 PM..

Old 07-18-2021, 08:43 PM

2,418 posts, read 3,540,157 times
Wear what you want, but men running around in dresses and skirts are going to get a few stares. It just doesn't seem natural nor does it look flattering.

Old 07-19-2021, 08:02 AM

67,666 posts, read 60,218,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
You're all over the place. It's my belief that people of any sex should be able to wear any garment regardless of what sex that garment was cut to fit.
LOL I'm not all over the place. I don't care what people wear. I think that's obvious.

Old 07-19-2021, 08:28 AM

15,950 posts, read 20,911,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post

edit: it’s super amazing to me the same ppl who fight that men should be able to wear a dress or women that want to be accepted for dressing “like men”....are the 1st to make a stink out of women like me dressing in a low cut gown or a short skirt.
Not that I care what someone wants to wear, but there is a difference in discussing gender and sexuality. A guy wearing a dress, or whatever, is not doing it for the reasons a woman wears something that shows a lot of skin, unless he also chooses to wear something low cut or short. One has nothing to do with the other, where do you get the idea that ppl who fight for men 'wearing dresses' give a fig about short skirts, etc?
And yeah, some guys could use a bra....

Old 07-19-2021, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
A guy wearing a dress, or whatever, is not doing it for the reasons a woman wears something that shows a lot of skin, unless he also chooses to wear something low cut or short. One has nothing to do with the other, where do you get the idea that ppl who fight for men 'wearing dresses' give a fig about short skirts, etc?

But why does it matter “why” he is wearing a dress tho? Maybe he just wants attention or his friend dared him..or maybe he is about to transition. Is he going to stop & explain it to ppl on the street? He doesn’t have to explain to anybody...wear a dress. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ AND it doesn’t matter why I want to wear a low cut dress at a party or a short skirt as a woman or that another woman wants to dress in clothes from the man’s department. I’ll be me...AND she can be her or him or whoever she wants to be.

IMO don’t try to control or argue what anybody else wants to wear. You do you & allow other ppl to be themselves too.

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I don't care what people wear.

Ita.

Old 07-19-2021, 09:56 AM

15,950 posts, read 20,911,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
But why does it matter “why” he is wearing a dress tho? Maybe he just wants attention or his friend dared him..or maybe he is about to transition. Is he going to stop & explain it to ppl on the street? He doesn’t have to explain to anybody...wear a dress. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ AND it doesn’t matter why I want to wear a low cut dress at a party or a short skirt as a woman or that another woman wants to dress in clothes from the man’s department. I’ll be me...AND she can be her or him or whoever she wants to be.

IMO don’t try to control or argue what anybody else wants to wear. You do you & allow other ppl to be themselves too.

I have no idea how that relates to the point of my post...

Old 07-19-2021, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
I have no idea how that relates to the point of my post...

Because you are arguing the principle of “you do you....AND I’ll be me” when it comes to clothing^^. We are all individuals ofc...AND gender or our sexual identity or the reasons why I dress the way I do or the reasons you dress the way you do makes no difference. We are going to dress the way we want to dress.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 07-21-2021, 07:44 AM

539 posts, read 237,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
Wear what you want, but men running around in dresses and skirts are going to get a few stares. It just doesn't seem natural nor does it look flattering.

Amen and nor should it be . I think the longer I live the stupider this world gets .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty