Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 11:15 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times

Advertisements

I've recently started re-evaluating my skincare regimen and what kinds of products I need to use. There are so many serums and primers and moisturizers out there, but I don't want a 17 step process. I've got oily skin, so all those super-moisturizing products for women of a certain age don't apply to me, and most of the BB/CC all-in-one creams are too greasy. So, what do all of you use (and in what order)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2017, 12:02 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
I basically just wash it. Sometimes I use disposable wipes, midday, if out and about.

In the shower, I use Burt's Bees chamomile and soapbark cleansing cream.

Old 04-10-2017, 01:37 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,235,784 times
Depends on the season, as my skin is sensitive and gets super dry in the winter, but oily in summer.

In colder months, I use cold cream at night to cleanse and remove makeup. In the morning, I just splash with water and put a little sweet almond oil on the spots where I tend to get dry patches.

In the warmer months, at night I use baby oil to remove makeup, followed by plain ol' Neutrogena face wash (the liquid). Then in the morning I splash with water and use a moisturizer (right now I'm using Trader Joe's)

Old 04-10-2017, 03:11 PM

1,831 posts, read 1,433,133 times
Wash with baking soda, use unfiltered cider vinegar as a facial toner, light anti-aging cream on face and shea butter on body, followed by sunscreen.

Old 04-10-2017, 03:41 PM

951 posts, read 1,141,150 times
Morning:
1. Wash with African black soap. Helps with acne and is inexpensive.
2. Toner (for pores and pimples). This one makes a huge difference. I use the ones from Makeup Artist Choice.
3. Estee Lauder DayWear moisturizer. This helps create a smooth base for my foundation. I'm allergic to most primers, so this works good as is.

Night:
1. Wash face with Cerave Foaming cleanser using Clarisonic Mia
2. Same toner as above
3. Shiseido bio performance eye cream
3. I switch from A and B every other night:
a. Estee Lauder serum followed by a thick night moisturizer like oil of olay regenerist (just started using Olay to cut cost)
b. 30% Retinol from Makeup Artist Choice

Every few months, I do TCA or lighter chemical peels on myself to keep skin smoother. I guess I'm doing something all right, because some lady yesterday asked me my age, and she was shocked when I told her my age (40). She thought I was more like in my late twenties. Probably being too kind, but I'll take the compliment. Compliments are hard to come by these days.

Old 04-11-2017, 09:45 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
This year I have been experimenting with a longer routine. And it is working great. It seems weird, but it seems to work better.

Right now:

AM:
oil cleanse
foaming cleanser
optional face mask
eye cream
serum
emulsion
sunscreen

PM:
oil cleanse
serum or overnight mask
moisturizer

Old 04-11-2017, 04:19 PM

5,134 posts, read 4,487,297 times
Morning & night:
Soap (any) & water
Coconut oil

Once per week:
Exfoliate with sugar

Old 04-11-2017, 07:53 PM

491 posts, read 474,153 times
None. I just don't touch my face. That's probably the source of most bacteria, when you're rubbing or even touching your face. I wash my face about once a day with soap when I shower.Also, no direct sunlight, unless you don't mind having an aged face. It doesn't really matter that much, since good makeup can pretty much conceal any blemishes. Most people just do whatever and wear makeup.

Old 04-12-2017, 04:06 AM

3,423 posts, read 4,369,915 times
I don't wear makeup often (not a foundation or BB cream, or anything like that). So I'll point that out. My skin tends towards dryness (into my 40s now), so I want a simple skincare routine. I wash in the evening with a gentle oil cleanser (Kiehl's). I also use an overnight moisturizer (Nivea), which I dab on in the morning as well (not greasy, and it works better for my skin than a regular moisturizer during the winter, when my skin's very dry). Every week or so I'll go over my face with a toner (Nivea for sensitive skin)... just for a deep cleansing.

I personally avoid masks, my skin's had a reaction to some of them.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:15 AM

8,676 posts, read 22,925,195 times
Ulta had bonus bags awhile back and I just opened Exuviance daily face peel (not weekly!). I cannot believe how much it has improved the texture and appearance of my skin with just a single use. Granted 2 uses is not a track record, but I am definitely shelling out the $ to add this to my regimen for a longer trial. I can't remember a similiar reaction to any product previously. And no, I do not work or have any interest in this company. I am simply like many here, trying to look my best as Mother Nature tries to *itchslap me down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty