Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 06:38 PM

10,345 posts, read 8,557,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDRosa1988 View Post
37 yr old husband. sheesh. If I was 50 I would still try to look good FOR MYSELF. FOR MY HEALTH. FOR ME. HUSBAND or not. If you are doing it for anyone else, you are setting yourself up for failure.
While this sounds good in theory, honestly I did it because of a woman in my gym that I wanted to go out with.she told me she was going to train to enter bikini fitness at almost 50. I work out 5 to 6 days a week but was overweight. Always have been . I just wanted to look good to her. I have dropped 30 lbs, still going for more. The diet has improved my health, mood, and energy. I’ve whitened my teeth, changed hair style a bit, and bought more stylish clothes.
Some will say this was all for the wrong reason, but for me it’s whatever gets you to take action.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2021, 07:13 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,318,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Cataracts can be eliminated with glutathione drops for the eyes. There's a product by a company called "Oclu-Med" that sells them. It takes about 4 months to eliminate your cataracts.
https://store.naturaleyecare.com/ocl...caAksaEALw_wcB
Wish I'd heard of this magic solution earlier.

Old 05-25-2021, 07:20 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,318,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
I was very disappointed at my last ophthalmologist appointment. He told me my cataracts were too immature to get this surgery. I have friends who have had it and their vision is perfect without the help of any glasses. I wear reading glasses and I would be lost without them so I'm looking forward to getting this surgery ... maybe next year.
I'd to retire from my job years in advance because I could no longer watch the screens, as my cataracts were not ripe for removals apparently. Unless you work at the hospital/clinic, then you never lose a day's work and have your surgery fast-tracked.
I only learned of the availability of private surgery a few months before I got the schedule.
So it all depends on the Cataract Surgeons. My friend's bother had to promise to do his second eye at the doctor's private surgery out-of-pocket, and got his first eye done right away. My husband and our neighbors had premium lenses, and their surgeries were fast and within weeks in between.
Some have made enough and are on autopilot mode, it's their staff picking which files are more interesting and deciding how the patients are scheduled for treatments.

Old 05-25-2021, 10:18 PM

3,071 posts, read 1,994,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
While this sounds good in theory, honestly I did it because of a woman in my gym that I wanted to go out with.she told me she was going to train to enter bikini fitness at almost 50. I work out 5 to 6 days a week but was overweight. Always have been . I just wanted to look good to her. I have dropped 30 lbs, still going for more. The diet has improved my health, mood, and energy. I’ve whitened my teeth, changed hair style a bit, and bought more stylish clothes.
Some will say this was all for the wrong reason, but for me it’s whatever gets you to take action.
And?? Tell us, tell us!! Are you both dating??

Old 05-26-2021, 05:12 AM

1,465 posts, read 621,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorChip View Post
40-50 has the best looks IMHO...
Yeah, if you're 60, IMHO.

Old 05-26-2021, 08:11 AM

10,345 posts, read 8,557,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post
And?? Tell us, tell us!! Are you both dating??
No it didn’t work out. She worked at the bank I went to and we talked about going to the gym and she worked out at a different one than me. A few weeks later she shows up in my gym and joins and was hitting up on me pretty hard. I really didn’t want to get involved with somebody in my own gym in case it went south since I’m in the gym every day. In the end we went out once and I think she lost interest and honestly I think I did too.

She also realized how many males were in the gym and how much attention she could get so I guess she figured she had an endless supply of male attention now. I still see her in the gym all the time and she’s always talking to a ton of guys there so at this point I pretty much just ignore her and work out and talk to my friends. I see her staring at me a lot and she’s always asking my friends where I’m at. So long story short is it did not work out

But as I said she motivated me to start the diet and I’ve been sticking with it for months. I’ve made new friends in the gym they have come over and told me how great I look now that I weigh less.
Last week a woman came up to me that I didn’t know and told me she has seen me in the gym a year ago and sees me now today and said that I look great. Yesterday I went to another gym and a woman I hadn’t seen in three or four months that I usually just say hi to came over and told me I look absolutely amazing.

So long story short is while I am not motivated by my initial reason any longer, the bottom line is it kick started me into actually doing the diet and I believe the benefits will be lifelong and I will continue to use what I’ve learned. I weigh about the same that I weighed in high school except I have much more muscle mass.

So that's why I disagreed about the premise of dong it for someone else.

[IMG][/IMG]

Me at 155 down from 185 in November

Old 05-26-2021, 08:33 AM

11,083 posts, read 17,527,537 times
My wife is 70 and has never used a drop of any kind of make up. Said she didn't see the need. Said she always wondered if people were supposed to see you or a plaster cast of you. lol I think most women don't need any, but they've been taught all their lives that they need it. Good waste of money and beauty.

Old 05-26-2021, 08:38 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I let myself go in my 40's. The extreme fatigue of caregiving for a disabled child & an ill-advised tubal ligation that made me sick until I had it reversed at 47.

Now I'm 53 & I'm coming back from it all. I'm the fittest I've been since I was in my 20s. I do my makeup everyday. I don't have great clothes & never will because I am still a low-income autism mom but who cares. What matters is the person under the clothing anyway. I don't want to look like I'm 30 or 40 ... I just want to look like a confident & maybe just a little bit hot 53 year old, lol.
I'm 55 today, and I agree. Women in their 50s can still turn heads, dammit!

Glad you've found yourself again. Most of us go through periods when we let ourselves go a little because we have many competing demands. When my two older kids were babies/toddlers (they're 19 months apart), I barely had time to shower.

Old 05-26-2021, 08:45 AM

14,299 posts, read 11,677,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
I'm 55 today, and I agree. Women in their 50s can still turn heads, dammit!
I'm 52 today, birthday twins. I've never been much for makeup, hair styling, fashion, etc...I'm very low maintenance that way, but not by design, I was just born with no interest in or patience for those things. But I'm very into health and fitness, so although I think I look my age, I still have a decent figure and am participating in athletics the same way I did 30 years ago, more or less. And that's what's important to me.

Old 05-26-2021, 08:58 AM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
My wife is 70 and has never used a drop of any kind of make up. Said she didn't see the need. Said she always wondered if people were supposed to see you or a plaster cast of you. lol I think most women don't need any, but they've been taught all their lives that they need it. Good waste of money and beauty.
That's a nice thought, but not everyone is a natural beauty. I've had oily skin, mild rosacea, and dark circles under my eyes for my whole life. So maybe I don't "need" makeup, but I certainly feel like I'm presenting a better version of myself when I can cover up or deflect from those skin issues I don't like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty