Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2021, 10:33 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times

Advertisements

Dr. Rajani is one of my favorites for up to date info in dermatology. He puts his money where his mouth is because he has tried just about everything he mentions. I don't know his age but guessing early 50s based on what he's said about how long he's been in practice. He has gorgeous skin. He's in Portland, by the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mXfoEwmnWo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2021, 06:20 AM

922 posts, read 791,884 times
I wish I knew! Stevie Nicks is in her 70's and has no wrinkles, which is hard to believe.

Old 09-07-2021, 06:38 AM

4,565 posts, read 5,419,304 times
Its called putting on makeup before heading out to the red carpet, or using filters on instagram.

Funny how this dude who is hawking his product is using pics of celebs from official events to bolster his claim that if you use his products you'll look like them.

I've seen Sandra Bullock and Cindy Crawford in person while NOT attending some event. They look every bit their ages and so does their skin. J-Lo is different as she actually still looks great.

Old 09-07-2021, 07:45 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,127,100 times
Like Kings Gambit says....if you see one of them in person or in a random candid shot you can see the age. On camera after sitting in the makeup chair for 2 hrs and then in front of cameras with filters or digitally cleaned up. And some, yes.. they do still look pretty good but their face/body IS their product so a lot of time, money, effort and surgery has been invested in.
But I know a good many people also from the ranks of the great unwashed that look pretty darn good for their age too.

Old 09-07-2021, 08:08 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Its called putting on makeup before heading out to the red carpet, or using filters on instagram.

Funny how this dude who is hawking his product is using pics of celebs from official events to bolster his claim that if you use his products you'll look like them.

I've seen Sandra Bullock and Cindy Crawford in person while NOT attending some event. They look every bit their ages and so does their skin. J-Lo is different as she actually still looks great.
I noticed that immediately. Plus, with photoshop, you can present all manner of visual "proof" of your magical product. I wonder if that could be legally considered false advertising.

Old 09-07-2021, 10:17 AM

10,351 posts, read 8,569,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I noticed that immediately. Plus, with photoshop, you can present all manner of visual "proof" of your magical product. I wonder if that could be legally considered false advertising.
Legally yes it could be false advertising since the photo is manipulated to show the product is doing something when in reality it is not. You can also light people differently or pose them to look better or worse.

Old 09-07-2021, 10:46 AM

3,179 posts, read 2,130,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Dr. Rajani is one of my favorites for up to date info in dermatology. He puts his money where his mouth is because he has tried just about everything he mentions. I don't know his age but guessing early 50s based on what he's said about how long he's been in practice. He has gorgeous skin. He's in Portland, by the way. [/url]
Good video, I like him. It’s harder for average people to look good as they age, the stars have a full time job with all the facial treatments, juicing, exercise, vitamins and wellness they do every day. They can afford it, the average person is busy with life, job, family. Still, there are a ton of products and ways to look younger if people want to make the effort and open their wallets.

I’m going to look up Dr. Rajani on YouTube. He obviously keeps up to date on ways to improve your skin.

Old 09-07-2021, 12:52 PM

4,565 posts, read 5,419,304 times
Some people are just lucky. Others just have the means (i.e., $$$) to look good.

Some I've seen IRL who have great skin:

J-Lo
Queen Latifah - her skin is flawless. I mean FLAWLESS.
Padma Lakshmi (age 51)

Some I've seen who looked terrible:

Denise Richards - last saw her 3-4 years ago in the mall. Yikes. She's 50 but looks way older.
The lady who plays Phil Dunphy's wife on Modern Family
Sandra Bullock

Old 09-07-2021, 01:27 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,645,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Legally yes it could be false advertising since the photo is manipulated to show the product is doing something when in reality it is not. You can also light people differently or pose them to look better or worse.
Lighting is really key, isn't it! I have 2 Zoom get-togethers I do, one in morning light and one in evening. Guess in which one I look 20 years older. (queue Rod Stewart's "Maggie May": "The morning sun when it's in your face really shows your age"! I wondered what that meant when I was 16 when it came out, lol).

Darker skin seems to always look so much younger! But then there's Jane Fonda, she looks amazing for almost 80.

Old 09-07-2021, 04:01 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,970,292 times
Two words: cosmetic surgery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty