Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2021, 03:46 PM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I’m starting to notice more and more men wearing anklets lately. Is this becoming a new fad or something? I, personally, think it looks silly on men, but maybe women are finding this attractive on men and that’s why many guys are wearing them now?
Only "court ordered" anklets are cool on dudes. (And those aren't even cool.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2021, 04:17 PM

8,754 posts, read 5,042,001 times
There are no more women or men....no she, no he, just them. It` a new world

Old 07-04-2021, 05:54 PM

3,478 posts, read 1,403,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logjam View Post
Well, based on my casual observations, yes, albeit very slowly. Since the weather warmed up, I’ve probably noticed more than half a dozen, including three at a motorcycle rally which I recently attended (bikes parked, obviously, folks wandering the displays and vendor booths in shorts and sneakers or sandals.) And I don’t necessarily spend my time looking down at other guy’s lower legs.

The ones I’ve seen are mostly thin leather or braided cord, even colored string. I do recall noticing one metal one worn by a man, several years ago.

Criticize if you wish, I’m considering trying one. I guess I have a bit of a latent peacocking streak, they kinda look like a “low impact, low risk” fun accessory.
Eh, I'm not judging. I just don't think they look good on men. But then again, I don't think any sort of jewelry or body adornment looks good on men, other than a wrist watch.

But I'm a heterosexual guy, so my opinion on what men should/shouldn't wear really doesn't mean squat. So hey, if women are finding this attractive on men, maybe I might consider one myself. Nothing better than wearing something that attracts the ladies.

Old 07-04-2021, 06:56 PM

12,958 posts, read 9,473,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Only "court ordered" anklets are cool on dudes. (And those aren't even cool.)
Ha. Yeah, I suppose those are popular.

Honestly, I didn't know what an anklet was until I googled it. I thought the OP was talking about sport socks, but it turns out to be ankle bracelets.

I've never seen a man wear one, and really, very few women. What looks cool and cute on a woman seldom looks good on a man however. There's probably a natural reason for that.

Old 07-05-2021, 01:00 AM

2,867 posts, read 1,539,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Eh, I'm not judging. I just don't think they look good on men. But then again, I don't think any sort of jewelry or body adornment looks good on men, other than a wrist watch.

But I'm a heterosexual guy, so my opinion on what men should/shouldn't wear really doesn't mean squat. So hey, if women are finding this attractive on men, maybe I might consider one myself. Nothing better than wearing something that attracts the ladies.
Not even a wedding ring?

I am curious if this is a generational thing. I am 54 and and my 20s was the grunge era of music in the 90s. That time made tattoos mainstream and made silver very popular on men--silver rings and bracelets in particular. It wasn't just for metal bands and Johnny Depp anymore. Something about a man in a black shirt or t-shirt and a few silver bangles still gets me. That goes double if he's blond.

Old 07-05-2021, 07:02 AM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
Ankle bracelets - anklets are socks.

Old 07-05-2021, 07:14 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
They've been around forever. I don't see why anyone would be opposed to them.
https://www.google.com/search?q=men%...w=1519&bih=754

Old 07-05-2021, 07:47 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,122,405 times
What is toxic masculinity?

Old 07-05-2021, 08:31 AM

2,114 posts, read 1,320,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Oh hey, why not? Maybe they can get a matching vajayjay hat ... the one with the ears?

God help us.

although, I guess wearing an anklet is the least of my 'man' worries.
LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
There are no more women or men....no she, no he, just them. It` a new world
So true. This post reminds me in one or two episodes in the Younger TV series that Lauren calls her assistant Tam they or them. Liza asks Lauren why she calls Tam they/them, she says because Tam are LGBTQ2S+ (you can look this up on Google).

The world is getting more and more interesting. You have to get used to it and accept it that way; or else, you'll be in trouble.

Old 07-05-2021, 08:36 AM

2,873 posts, read 2,059,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOrdinaryCitizen View Post
LOL.

So true. This post reminds me in one or two episodes in the Younger TV series that Lauren calls her assistant Tam they or them. Liza asks Lauren why she calls Tam they/them, she says because Tam are LGBTQ2S+ (you can look this up on Google).

The world is getting more and more interesting. You have to get used to it and accept it that way; or else, you'll be in trouble.

What kind of trouble?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty