Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2021, 09:01 AM

3,495 posts, read 1,410,985 times

Advertisements

I've been wearing a Timex wrist watch for many years now. In fact, I've worn the Timex Men's T5K822 wristwatch for over 6 years now and the battery has never needed replacement and the wristband has never broke on me, surprisingly. I was surprised at the durability of this watch. However, I was thinking of getting a new watch especially since I've had my current watch for so long and it's getting old already.

What kind of watch do you think looks the best on men? Should I continue wearing a sports watch like the Timex one that I'm currently wearing, or is there a more stylish type of wrist watch that you can recommend for men?

I've mainly wore watches because I'm a freak when it comes to always knowing what time it is. And I'd prefer a digital watch because I also want to always know precisely what time it is. For some reason, analog watches drive me nuts because it displays the time on a hand dial and takes a few minutes to think and figure out the time. At least, that's the way it is for me. But hey, if you guys think it makes men look more stylish and sexy, then I'll consider it.

Appreciate if you can give me your input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2021, 09:21 AM

6,341 posts, read 4,905,591 times
I wore low priced Timex watches most of my life until my last watch died about twenty years ago. Then I found many ways to find out what time it is, not the least of which is my cell phone that's with me all the time.

Why waste money on a watch?

Sure, you can spend $800 on an Apple watch that has a gazillion features.

But just to find out what time it is, no thanks.

Old 07-23-2021, 09:42 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
Well, add that to the growing list of skills that will soon be completely lost: writing in cursive, driving stick shift, counting out change, and now telling time from an analog watch.

Old 07-23-2021, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post
I wore low priced Timex watches most of my life until my last watch died about twenty years ago. Then I found many ways to find out what time it is, not the least of which is my cell phone that's with me all the time.

I always check the time every where I go and I'm a time freak, so I check every so often. Imagine having to fish for my cell phone several times just to find out the time. It's so much easier just to look at my arm and instantly know the time.

Old 07-23-2021, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Well, add that to the growing list of skills that will soon be completely lost: writing in cursive, driving stick shift, counting out change, and now telling time from an analog watch.

Well the big issue I have analog watches is that it's more of a time estimate rather than an EXACT time. In today's world, I need to know what time it is exactly. With an analog watch, you see the hand getting close to the 12pm mark, so you know it's getting close to 12pm. But a digital watch, will tell you it's exactly 11:57am.

Old 07-23-2021, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Well the big issue I have analog watches is that it's more of a time estimate rather than an EXACT time. In today's world, I need to know what time it is exactly. With an analog watch, you see the hand getting close to the 12pm mark, so you know it's getting close to 12pm. But a digital watch, will tell you it's exactly 11:57am.
I've never had a problem looking at an analog watch and being able to tell it's 11:57.

Old 07-23-2021, 03:51 PM

12,983 posts, read 9,501,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post

Goodness, where did you find an Apple Watch for $800 I bought one about a month ago, a Series 6, brand new, for $350. It keeps perfect time, but it's continuously updated automatically. Why'd I buy one? It's got a lot of features, and I like gadgets. And it wasn't a budget buster - if it was, I wouldn't have gotten one.

But you can spend $30 on a Timex and have a perfectly good watch that keeps time almost perfectly. Or you could spend $50K on a Rolex (with a real movement inside) that doesn't keep time as well but has lots of jewelry value.

Pretty much any watch nowadays is fashionably acceptable, at least as far as I'm concerned.

Old 07-23-2021, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I've never had a problem looking at an analog watch and being able to tell it's 11:57.

Really? So on a watch like THIS, you can tell it's 11:57???

Old 07-23-2021, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
But you can spend $30 on a Timex and have a perfectly good watch that keeps time almost perfectly. Or you could spend $50K on a Rolex (with a real movement inside) that doesn't keep time as well but has lots of jewelry value.

Yeah, Timex watches are around $30-40 on Amazon right now and they're extremely durable and don't eat up battery. My parents always have to change their watch batteries and straps every few years. But I had my Timex watch for over 6 years and I never had to replace the battery or strap, which is incredible. It's a real bang for the buck, so I may just order one on Amazon since they're fairly inexpensive.

Old 07-23-2021, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Really? So on a watch like THIS, you can tell it's 11:57???
Actually it's about 10:09:45, give or take a few seconds (since that one doesn't have a second hand).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty