Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2021, 08:22 PM

16,900 posts, read 16,171,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Obviously her natural color is grey.
Ha, true enough. She was born with a pretty shade of brown hair which is now fading into gray. I prefer the natural color that she was born with. And please don't post a picture of her as a bald newborn...you know what I mean, lol.

Also adding - that she is wearing makeup so it's not like she has just decided to say "The heck with it!" and go completely natural. Her nails are done, too. Not a fan of the gray eyeliner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2021, 09:31 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,201,263 times
Her small, deep-set eyes could use a lighter eye shadow. Anyway, I've loved her since at least Groundhog Day and that was more than 25 years ago! She's one of few actresses with long, dark, curly hair in a sea of so many straight-haired blondes.

Old 08-04-2021, 11:31 PM

8,087 posts, read 6,841,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Ha, true enough. She was born with a pretty shade of brown hair which is now fading into gray. I prefer the natural color that she was born with. And please don't post a picture of her as a bald newborn...you know what I mean, lol.

And I agree, her previous brown hair was very pretty.
I just happen to like the current wild gray mane too.

Old 08-05-2021, 05:52 AM

3,292 posts, read 1,891,962 times
Quote:

Also adding - that she is wearing makeup so it's not like she has just decided to say "The heck with it!" and go completely natural. Her nails are done, too. Not a fan of the gray eyeliner.
Good one!

Old 08-05-2021, 07:11 AM

67,666 posts, read 60,237,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
You know, I look at that pic and I don’t see a mess. I think her hair is gorgeous, and its color flatters her complexion.
I totally agree.

Some people don't have nearly the same reaction when a man allows his hair to go gray when he's IN HIS SIXTIES. I don't get it.

Old 08-05-2021, 07:14 AM

Quote:
I agree, I think that she looks better with brown hair. The gray sort of fades her out and the splotchy color and coarse looking texture aren't doing her any favors.

Her natural brown color compliments her eyes and her skin tone so beautifully whereas the gray sort of washes her out and makes her wrinkles more noticeable. Obviously, if she likes and feels comfortable with long gray hair then that is what matters.
It IS her natural color. Her natural color is salt and pepper. She's 63 years old for Pete's sake. She SHOULD have some wrinkles!

Old 08-05-2021, 07:21 AM

^^^The same could be said of baldness. A man who is bald usually doesn't get much of a reaction but a woman who is bald does. It doesn't mean it's right or wrong - it's just the way it is.

No one is right or wrong in this debate about grey hair and as I said upfront I knew I would be one of the few who would say I didn't like the photo of AM and I'm fine with that. Also some women (like me) really like working (or playing) with their hair and makeup and it has nothing to do with aging. For me it's not a chore - it's fun : )

I'm also a Beauty School Dropout (song from Grease). When I was fifty and my husband's business was up and running well and I didn't have to work anymore I went to Beauty School to do what I really wanted to do. However my fifty year old hands were not up to the task of so many hours with scissors and a blow dryer in my hands ... so I dropped out. But I still love hair and all the beautiful ways men and women can wear it and express themselves. If having it grey is their preferred expression, I'm all for it even if my personal opinion is that it looks better with a little outside help.

Last edited by rfomd129; 08-05-2021 at 07:38 AM..

Old 08-05-2021, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
^^^The same could be said of baldness. A man who is bald usually doesn't get much of a reaction but a woman who is bald does. It doesn't mean it's right especially when so many people lose their hair due to medical treatments.

No one is right or wrong in this debate about grey hair and as I said upfront I knew I would be one of the few who would say I didn't like the photo of AM and I'm fine with that. Also some women (like me) really like working (or playing) with their hair and makeup and it has nothing to do with aging. For me it's not a chore - it's fun : )
I know what you mean - I get bored easily and love playing around with makeup and hair colors. Right now my hair has pink streaks in it! And I got compliments on it all day yesterday!

Old 08-05-2021, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I know what you mean - I get bored easily and love playing around with makeup and hair colors. Right now my hair has pink streaks in it! And I got compliments on it all day yesterday!
And I'll bet you look darn cute! I just added a little more of my life story to my post (beauty school)^^^

Old 08-05-2021, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
And I'll bet you look darn cute! I just added a little more of my life story to my post (beauty school)^^^
Hey I try. I had a woman last night that I didn't even know come up to me and tell me that she wants to do this to her hair too. She's in her 70s! I said DO IT!!!!!!!!!

Off to read your story!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty