Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2021, 06:31 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,484,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyfishXxx View Post
Hey, thanks for reply. True, many (even "natural") deos easily cause staining, but the stain is a result of a combination of the deo and sweat. Sweat is colourless. I definitely don't have hyperhidrosis, I just sweat on my clothes too, esp. during summer.
Sweat is colorless until it dries. Then it can certainly cause yellowing on fabrics.

I don't think the deodorant has anything to do with the staining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2021, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I purchased the Lavendar old spice on my last trip to Walmart. Have been using Timber and love it. NO stains.....I do wonder what guy is wearing lavender....but it is a fresh fragrance so I suppose.....
Yeah, I thought it was odd that such a "manly" brand as OS would have a lavender scent. But I'm not complaining.

Old 08-11-2021, 05:13 AM

14 posts, read 12,093 times
Default Truly invisible (aluminium-free) deodorants

Hey, just wondering if you had any experience with such deodorants. Could you please recommend them here so me (and possibly others) could benefit from them? It's better if you have already tested them on a white shirt, for example, so you are sure it leaves no ugly yellow stains.
I have tried "invisible" deos and they actually leave a yellow stain, so I am looking for some recommendations. I am even prepared to buy on Amazon, as long as it works. Thanks!

Old 08-11-2021, 07:07 AM

The yellow staining is from sweat, not the deodorants.

Old 08-13-2021, 01:43 PM

14 posts, read 12,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
The yellow staining is from sweat, not the deodorants.

So far, my experience says it is colourless and just dries invisible but I will try.
However if it was just sweat, why is it nearly impossible to wash it out? Sweat is easily washed in the washing machine. Plus, I just found a deo that still leaves marks but is sort of "colourless", if sweat was yellow it would always be yellowish.

Old 10-02-2021, 09:34 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,815 times
The cause of the stains is a combination of your perspiration and the chemicals in deodorant or antiperspirant. Now if your sweat has a color, then that would be cause for concern and reason to consult a doctor, may not be serious, but, it's not a normal condition.

There are things suggested that may help with the stains, but, it will take a bit of work. I had recently been looking into solutions as I have a particular white blouse that I'm really fond of which has yellow armpit stains I have most of what was suggested, just need the baking soda and hydrogen peroxide of which. I am starting to wonder if the blouse is worth the headache.

I have looked into purchasing under arm pads for future use with light colors. I have used the anti-stain antiperspirants in the past, I'm almost certain they were helpful, but, it's been a while since I've had a chance to purchase and use them. Most places I've been in, lately, I haven't seen it for a while. I did end up finding some when I went to Walmart this past Friday, the anti-stain brand I found was by Suave. I'm not sure how effective it will be, but, I don't have a lot of light color tops to wear at the moment and I won't be attempting to scrub the white top just yet way too much work for this sloth.

Old 10-14-2021, 03:41 AM

3,826 posts, read 1,779,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post

I don't think the deodorant has anything to do with the staining.
Deodorant has a lot to do with staining clothing. In an effort to eliminate aluminum from the Secret brand deodorant I was used to wearing.... I tried several all-natural brands and noticed those with coconut oil stained clothing. A new crystal deodorant I recently tried with charcoal and magnesium smelled amazing, but stained my clothing black-grey color.

I picked up Ivory aloe deodorant from Wal-Mart and it's paraben-free and aluminum -free and seems to work well, with no staining. There is another brand I use and like, but people say it still has aluminum, either way it seems more natural than some of the other brands. I will have to update this tomorrow with the name of that brand.

Old 10-16-2021, 04:26 PM

3,826 posts, read 1,779,210 times
Not sure if the OP found a deodorant that doesn't stain yet, but the other one I use is Alvera herbal and aloe. It has witch hazel, aloe, comfrey and other herbs. There possibly is aluminum in it, by another name? It seems less toxic than other brands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty