Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2021, 10:29 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,022,582 times

Advertisements

The internet IS a strange place, so who knows, but I also tend to think that younger people care more about "what looks right/OK" and what doesn't. And I also think some of it is regional.

For instance, a tourist in Florida, in December might very well be wearing shorts and a hoodie and sandals, and a local will look at said tourist and think "Geez, it's 50 degrees outside! Get that boy a coat!" LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2021, 01:22 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,540,646 times
I always liked the look of jeans and feminine sandals. Not so much the Birkenstock kind, but maybe Espadrilles, delicate flats, or even something a little strappy with a heel. When I lived in New Jersey I would wear flat sandals (not flip-flops) with jeans on the boardwalk. It seemed like the right mix of beach and casual night time. They looked a lot like these.

I suppose you could really mix it up and wear sandals made OF jeans.

Ferociously Funky Sandals Made from Vintage Jeans

Goodness.

Old 09-01-2021, 08:12 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,421,443 times
No I do it all the time.

Old 09-01-2021, 01:51 PM

13 posts, read 8,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seija View Post
I always liked the look of jeans and feminine sandals. Not so much the Birkenstock kind, but maybe Espadrilles, delicate flats, or even something a little strappy with a heel. When I lived in New Jersey I would wear flat sandals (not flip-flops) with jeans on the boardwalk. It seemed like the right mix of beach and casual night time. They looked a lot like these.

I suppose you could really mix it up and wear sandals made OF jeans.

Ferociously Funky Sandals Made from Vintage Jeans

Goodness.
My gf wears sandals similar to the first ones you linked, but she wouldn't be caught dead in the denim ones ,haha. Meanwhile ,as a guy, I wear my jeans with leather flip flops or sandals with thicker straps, obviously

Old 09-01-2021, 03:50 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,540,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth84 View Post
My gf wears sandals similar to the first ones you linked, but she wouldn't be caught dead in the denim ones ,haha. Meanwhile ,as a guy, I wear my jeans with leather flip flops or sandals with thicker straps, obviously

Yes, those second ones are absolutely ridiculous!

Old 09-04-2021, 12:21 AM

17 posts, read 14,017 times
No, I do it all the time. I think they often look better worn like that.

Old 09-13-2021, 04:52 AM

572 posts, read 325,449 times
It is more about comfort and you should eel confident about it and it looks more casual.

Old 09-13-2021, 04:53 AM

53 posts, read 40,414 times
I remember wearing flip flops when I was at the beach last.

Old 09-19-2021, 04:09 PM

13 posts, read 8,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRisingSun View Post
No, I do it all the time. I think they often look better worn like that.
Depends, with shorts they look more natural

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolair View Post
It is more about comfort and you should eel confident about it and it looks more casual.
Agree with you on that

Old 09-22-2021, 09:32 AM

17 posts, read 14,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth84 View Post
Depends, with shorts they look more natural
They might look more natural , but imo at least, a nice leather sandal looks better with pants compared to shorts exposing hairy legs . If the pants are loose, light coloured and made of linen they look just as natural as with shorts too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty