Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2021, 08:47 AM

87 posts, read 59,712 times

Advertisements

I am absolutely crazy about this dress :

https://www.placedestendances.com/eu...-women-5069113

I think brown or black shoes would pair nicely with it

But I am on the fence about the tights color as I am worried black tights would create too much of a contrast...
Do you think patterned tights would be an option ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2021, 11:45 AM

370 posts, read 624,682 times
I'd wear some type of sheer black hosiery. Maybe add a black belt if I'm trying to tie the whole outfit together. Alternatively, If you're more open to fashion risks, you might try something like those white sheer Gucci pattern tights (or an affordable dupe).

Old 11-27-2021, 11:55 AM

17,368 posts, read 16,511,485 times
The boots the model is wearing look nice.

Old 11-27-2021, 02:27 PM

87 posts, read 59,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photostoresheila View Post
I'd wear some type of sheer black hosiery. Maybe add a black belt if I'm trying to tie the whole outfit together. Alternatively, If you're more open to fashion risks, you might try something like those white sheer Gucci pattern tights (or an affordable dupe).
Thank you ! Yes, that's what I thought, sheer black hosiery should do the trick
I am not sure about the belt, afraid it's going to be overboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
The boots the model is wearing look nice.
They definitely do, it's just that I can not find a single pair of boots that fit my calves (they are small) ...

Old 11-27-2021, 02:39 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,560,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by awayfromnow View Post
Thank you ! Yes, that's what I thought, sheer black hosiery should do the trick
I am not sure about the belt, afraid it's going to be overboard

They definitely do, it's just that I can not find a single pair of boots that fit my calves (they are small) ...
That's a beautiful dress.

Since you have slender calves (lucky you! That gives you plenty of awesome options in the boot department), you could either go barelegged with an over-the-knee boot (I'd go with black leather or brown suede with a coordinating belt if you choose to go with a belt) or go bold with knee-high black boots with sheer white patterned tights.

Depending upon how transparent the knit is once it's on your body, black hosiery might show through the dress which is never a good look. With the slit, wearing a slip to manage any see-through is out of the question.

Last edited by Formerly Known As Twenty; 11-27-2021 at 03:18 PM..

Old 11-27-2021, 04:21 PM

30,517 posts, read 16,213,477 times
If you can't find boots how about lace-up sandals that lace up to the knee?

Probably a name for them but I don't know it.

Not crazy about the black belt thing. Too much black for an all white dress, IMHO.

Go to a thrift shop, buy a bunch of various necklaces, and fasten them together. Voila! a belt.

Old 11-27-2021, 06:17 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by awayfromnow View Post
I am absolutely crazy about this dress :

https://www.placedestendances.com/eu...-women-5069113

I think brown or black shoes would pair nicely with it

But I am on the fence about the tights color as I am worried black tights would create too much of a contrast...
Do you think patterned tights would be an option ?
And I understand why you are crazy about it! It's lovely, classic yet stylish.

1. For a very classic look, nude brushed suede high heeled pumps with a pointed toe. Bare legs are what I would wear. Very sheer hose otherwise. I have heard sheer hose has improved.

2. For a slightly edgier look, black open weave tights and short black booties. Like fishnets but a different design. Yes patterned tights. Solid black would be too contrasty. A non-opaque black is another way to go.

3. Or knee-high soft leather tan beige boots. I would not wear hose with that.

4. Winter white booties.

5.winter white high boots.

6.sandals with heels in a neutral or metallic color. Accessorize with jewelry of a similar color. Copper, gold, rose gold, silver all would look good!

Old 11-27-2021, 10:54 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
I prefer neutrals with white, dislike high contrast. A patterned silk scarf or multiple layers of delicate chains. Nude or cognac belt. Snakeskin or nude pumps. Cognac suede boots, booties or shoes.

For an edgier look add a motojacket

It's a basic piece so you have a lot of options. Check out Marie-Anne Lecoeur or Frederique Bros's channel. They do basic style, nothing too complicated.

I have skinny calves, too. Certain brands fit slim legs but I haven't bought boots in a while. Always check the circumference of the boot if listed. I think 14" is the slimmest I've seen. Otherwise maybe lace ups that you can adjust. Last pair I took to a shoemaker to adjust and it cost as much as the bloody boots!

Old 11-28-2021, 05:55 AM

9,453 posts, read 5,212,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I prefer neutrals with white, dislike high contrast. A patterned silk scarf or multiple layers of delicate chains. Nude or cognac belt. Snakeskin or nude pumps. Cognac suede boots, booties or shoes.

For an edgier look add a motojacket

It's a basic piece so you have a lot of options. Check out Marie-Anne Lecoeur or Frederique Bros's channel. They do basic style, nothing too complicated.

I have skinny calves, too. Certain brands fit slim legs but I haven't bought boots in a while. Always check the circumference of the boot if listed. I think 14" is the slimmest I've seen. Otherwise maybe lace ups that you can adjust. Last pair I took to a shoemaker to adjust and it cost as much as the bloody boots!
Since I was accused of being a fashion expert on another thread because I watch(ed) Project Runway, I'll chime in. LOL.

I agree with Pilgrim. Dislike high contrast. This is not a dress everyone could wear, especially in white. But I do love it...simple lines, can dress up or down.

I would forego tights unless they were neutral and like the idea of booties instead....or flats.

A belt might be nice, too. or a statement necklace....long chains

Old 11-28-2021, 05:58 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,601,408 times
https://www.whowhatwear.com/narrow-calf-boot-brands

that fabric looks pretty thin and likely will show through seams and lines, so I wouldn't go with very dark tights or boot that come up over the knee. I think black may be too high contrast and would go with camel and browns instead, or snakeskin looks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty