Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2022, 11:55 AM

3,068 posts, read 1,680,587 times

Advertisements

I'm not into 'animal' designs on clothes but I have a summer top in leopard print that I love. I tend to go for vivid colors.

I am Taurus (with Aries on the rise).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2022, 07:46 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,662,820 times
Default Leopard prints - and leopards

Interesting, the influence of fashion.

And, sometimes, the influence of just one person on fashion.

Should Leopards Be Paid for Their Spots?
Style-setters from Egyptian princesses to Jackie Kennedy to Debbie Harry have embraced leopard prints.

When Jacqueline Kennedy was living in the White House, in the early sixties, she relied upon the taste of Oleg Cassini, the costume designer turned couturier, to supply her with a wardrobe that would befit her role as First Lady, one of the most photographed women in the world.In 1962, Cassini provided her with a striking leopard coat. Knee-length, with three-quarter sleeves and six buttons that fastened across the chest, the coat was not made from a synthetic leopard-patterned fabric. Rather, it consisted of the pelts of several formerly wild, living leopards, which had been hunted and slaughtered for their alluring, treacherous skins. Fashion-wise, the garment was a great success: the demand for Jackie-style leopard coats soared. For leopards, the trend was a disaster. It has been estimated that a quarter of a million leopards died to satisfy consumers wanting to dress like Jackie. A decade after Cassini made the First Lady’s coat, the U.S. government placed leopards on the endangered-species list, making it illegal to import their skins.
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...or-their-spots

Old 05-01-2022, 10:17 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,707,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Okay, sisters, do you enjoy wearing or having accessories that are leopard print (or other animal prints)?

For as long as I can remember I have loved leopard prints--though I have some giraffe prints and other not-so-sure-about animal prints, too.

It's kind of silly--even underwear and PJs in leopard print--along with shoes and handbags.

And you?

Just curious, if you'd like, tell me your astrological sign--I met a woman last night (we were wearing very similar leopard prints) and I discovered our birthdays were very close. We are both Geminis...

What IS it about we women (and men??) who love leopard prints so very much??
No. Maybe as a small accessory in black on black/gray like some of the Coach ocelot purses.

Should come as no surprise for those who put stock in that sort of thing that I'm a Capricorn.

Old 05-21-2022, 11:47 PM

350 posts, read 229,612 times
Love leopard print! I have a bag, a few scarves, flip flops (I just ordered a pair that are a zebra stripe), a cardigan and pjs. I'm also a Gemini BTW.

Old 05-23-2022, 06:25 AM

3,264 posts, read 1,743,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Dear - what is a brolly please?
I believe that's "British" for umbrella. When one watches shows like Dr. Who & Faulty Towers you pick up "Britspeak".

Old 05-23-2022, 09:16 PM

10,889 posts, read 7,379,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Leopard print sofa and the wife leopard print bell bottoms. She gets compliments out in public.

Why I’m posting this I have no idea.
So you can be the first member of the men's auxiliary of the sisterhood.

Old 05-31-2022, 05:28 PM

7,119 posts, read 12,659,449 times
Oooh!! Leopard print sofa--I'm quite envious..I do have a leopard print pillow on our cream colored sofa..and there's a leopard print lampshade and a print featuring a woman with leopard in the same room...

I have leopard print work-out leggings and assorted jackets...and a pair of Croc-like leopard print shoes...and a purse...

Trying to keep my fetish within bounds, don't ya know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty