Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2022, 11:35 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,561,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspireme92 View Post
We don’t live together. He lives in another city 4 hours away. When he does visit its during the week when i am coming home from work in my work clothes. Then i change into like jogging pants and a hoodie to relax because i’m tired after work.
How does *he* dress when he's relaxing his home or yours?

Jogging pants and a hoodie are rather ageless. If he expects Lululemon as casual wear, is he willing to buy it for you? (I used Lulelemon as an example of what a lot of young women tend to wear when they're casually dressed.)

Last edited by Formerly Known As Twenty; 06-02-2022 at 11:50 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2022, 11:47 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,580,042 times
Quote:
We don’t live together. He lives in another city 4 hours away. When he does visit its during the week when i am coming home from work in my work clothes. Then i change into like jogging pants and a hoodie to relax because i’m tired after work.

Are you looking for fashion ideas? Because…you can be comfortable & make him happy too, if you care about his opinion ofc. There are lots of ways to style joggers for home or going out. What about a white tee & camo joggers with a few simple accessories with a pair of cute black sneakers or an oversized soft sweater that invites cuddling. An off the shoulder tunic is super cute too….slouchy & partially gathered & tucked in. It’s super comfortable but still stylish…like distressed or ripped joggers. Velvet too!

edit: I would want to make an effort since he is driving 4 hrs. to see you. It’s not like you’re talking about relaxing at home by yourself.

Old 06-02-2022, 11:52 AM

841 posts, read 553,505 times
I have cats. I have clothes I wear at home and clothes I wear outside of the home. I don't put on my 'outside' clothes until the last thing before I leave. As soon as I get home, I change into my 'inside' clothes - sweats or joggers and a tee. I rarely even keep on my jeans that we get to wear on Fridays.

But it cracks my bf up. I did it early on and he commented that he loved it that I dressed like he did when he got drunk. Pretty sure I was in camo joggers, leopard print socks, and some kind of weird t-shirt from Woot. It's called my IDGAF look.

I want my bf to love me for who I am and not what I am wearing/look like. Maybe if I was just seeing my bf once or twice a week I would make an effort to try to look 'nice' around him always, but even before we lived together he was at my house around 4 - 5 nights a week and that included all day Saturday and Sunday.

Old 06-02-2022, 12:01 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,580,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa6660 View Post

I want my bf to love me for who I am and not what I am wearing/look like.

Ofc….but this is a fashion & beauty forum. Why would the O.P. want to dress 20 yrs older than they are? Just because we all want to be comfortable doesn’t mean we should be lazy & not care about how we look for a Bf or husband. It’s common sense IMO & we have to get dressed anyway.

Old 06-02-2022, 12:04 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
It's your house and you're allowed to be comfortable. Find a new bf

Old 06-02-2022, 01:08 PM

19,712 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:

He's driving 4 hours to come see you, and you are making zero effort to look good when you open the door.

4 hours! Gas is expensive, lol! Upgrade your loungewear and buy yourself something sexy/cute. Maybe you can put the spice back into this relationship if it's not too late..

Old 06-02-2022, 02:04 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,674,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
He's driving 4 hours to come see you, and you are making zero effort to look good when you open the door.

4 hours! Gas is expensive, lol! Upgrade your loungewear and buy yourself something sexy/cute. Maybe you can put the spice back into this relationship if it's not too late..
Above the highlighted part, she stated that she’s just getting home from work when he visits. She’s made an effort to work all day and is tired. It’s totally understandable she doesn’t want to doll herself up at that point.

OP, as long as you look presentable when you go out, that is all that matters. If you want to put on sweats when you get home because it’s comfortable, you do you.

Old 06-02-2022, 04:36 PM

9,456 posts, read 5,216,910 times
Quote:
My boyfriend told me that when i am indoors at my place i dress like i am 50 years old (i am 30) but when i am outside on the weekends i dress young. i personally just wear baggy clothing when i’m at home. Does anyone else like to wear baggy clothing/dress casual when they’re home alone lounging around and when they go out on the weekend dress it up?
Well, is he complaining or just observing? It's not a big deal. Everyone wants to be comfortable when they are chillin' at home.
I am at home now, wearing wide leg drawstring linen pants and a linen shirt. Baggie. Comfy. I rode my bike for a couple hours today.
I also dress up a little better if I'm going out. Straight leg pants and a T with my good sneakers.

Old 06-02-2022, 05:37 PM

19,712 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post

She’s made an effort to work all day and is tired. It’s totally understandable she doesn’t want to doll herself up at that point.

Everybody's tired, those of us who care still make the effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC2mNtJdRyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euskalherria View Post

Thigh highs and oversized comfy teeshirts
I might have to try that one, lol

Old 06-02-2022, 06:07 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,259,079 times
I had a male acquaintance tell me once I dressed like a nun.
I'd start looking for a new boyfriend hun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty