Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2022, 09:43 AM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times

Advertisements

She sees him twice a month and she wears shlumpy clothes? I still feel she get dress cute and comfy for the rare times she sees him.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2022, 10:02 AM

13,703 posts, read 12,410,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Is it bad that she wants to be comfortable? What would you prefer that she be wearing?
Don’t really care, I’d prefer she be dressed enough to open the door or leave the house. Yoga pants and a t-shirt would be fine.

Old 06-05-2022, 11:24 AM

28,660 posts, read 18,761,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
She sees him twice a month and she wears shlumpy clothes? I still feel she get dress cute and comfy for the rare times she sees him.
There is a whole spectrum between sloppy pajamas and a red-carpet evening gown.

Yeah, I agree that if he's driven four hours just to see her, she could up her game just a little and still be completely casual and comfortable.

And the fact that he drove four hours just to see her makes up for the fact that he's dressed casually.

Old 06-05-2022, 11:34 AM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
There is a whole spectrum between sloppy pajamas and a red-carpet evening gown.

Yeah, I agree that if he's driven four hours just to see her, she could up her game just a little and still be completely casual and comfortable.

And the fact that he drove four hours just to see her makes up for the fact that he's dressed casually.
Plus, there is casual and comfy you look like a lump, and casual and comfy but would look cute running out for coffee.

I'm retired,live in the middle of nowhere, and have developed an obsession with comfy clothes and shoes. When I have to put on an underwire and jeans, I feel like I'm wearing a corset.

There are oodles of cute lounge wear and athletic wear available, so for 2 nights a month you can look like you care. It sounds like those 2 nights are essentially there date time.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-05-2022, 07:48 PM

3,934 posts, read 2,182,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerys52SoSilver View Post
My mother and her girlfriends loved Andy Williams songs found him so very romantic.

There are pretty dresses and pretty skirts in soft materials/textiles which are nice, not too dressy and for at home use and just as comfortable as the casual/sporty clothes items. A hint of lipcolor and/or some e/s. Some cologne, EdT or perfume. Some jewelry perhaps. From early 40s to now 62 is also a easy way to dress and look feminine pretty.
There is life after the 30s.
Perfume? Lipstick? Jewelry?
Haven’t you realized that her maid, her housekeeper and her cook are gone after hours?
Her butler is usually off on the days her boyfriend visits.

The girl has to be comfy to serve the dinner and herself all by herself to a boyfriend

On the other hand, surprised that no one had any issues with the boyfriend dissing the 50 year olds style and fashion senses
Does it mean that when one is 50 all hope is lost anyway and nobody would notice how one dresses at home or out?

Old 06-05-2022, 07:50 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,609,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I wasn't aware I live on a planet where people are actually triggered by Andy Williams..
The lyrics to that song are horrific.

Old 06-05-2022, 07:52 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,609,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit33 View Post
There's a technical term for guys like this.

Schmucks.

OP, it sounds like you should be prepared to let this one go.
Man I wish I could rep you!

Old 06-06-2022, 05:54 AM

19,695 posts, read 20,218,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post

The lyrics to that song are horrific.

Ma'am, would like to speak to the manager about that?

Old 06-06-2022, 06:40 AM

9,430 posts, read 5,194,093 times
I asked my husband if he thinks I dress like an old lady when I am at home.....first he said, well, you ARE old lady LOL and second, you are at home, you're supposed to be comfortable. Wear whatever you want.

Old 06-06-2022, 07:09 AM

28,660 posts, read 18,761,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit33 View Post
There's a technical term for guys like this.

Schmucks.

OP, it sounds like you should be prepared to let this one go.
She probably won't find anyone else willing to drive four hours to see her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty