Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2022, 02:10 PM

451 posts, read 498,171 times

Advertisements

Hi. I've been struggling to find a tinted mineral face sunscreen lotion for my fair and sensitive skin. I'm sure that I'm a Fitzgerald Phototype 1, and the tinted sunscreens I've tried look too orange and dark on me. I've tried the Australian Gold Botanical Tinted Face Lotion SPF 50 fair to light and it was really dark and drying. Sun Bum SPF 30 Mineral Sunscreen Tinted Face Lotion also didn't work for me. Do you also deal with this dilemma or know of a tinted mineral face sunscreen lotion that will look good on skin like mine or have a solution to this problem? I'd prefer one that's pretty reasonable at the drugstore and hopefully hydrating because I'm in my early 60's and also developed severe eczema for the first time in my life last year after moving.

Thanks in advance for any feedback that you can provide. I wear sunscreen every day regardless of the weather because I've had melanoma twice and other skin cancers, too. We've had hurricanes headed our way, and I still put on tons of sunscreen everywhere my skin is exposed. Everyone should.

BTW - I only want a lotion sunscreen and not a spray, stick or anything else. I also want a real sunscreen and not a moisturizer with sunscreen in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2022, 07:03 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Paula's Choice Wrinkle Defense SPF is an excellent product.

https://www.paulaschoice.com/resist-...pf-30/776.html

It's very very lightly tinted. It doesn't really impart color ... it just sort of evens your tone out.

It's not drugstore, but it is on sale currently.

Old 07-31-2022, 08:11 AM

10,225 posts, read 7,580,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFJourney View Post
Hi. I've been struggling to find a tinted mineral face sunscreen lotion for my fair and sensitive skin. I'm sure that I'm a Fitzgerald Phototype 1, and the tinted sunscreens I've tried look too orange and dark on me. I've tried the Australian Gold Botanical Tinted Face Lotion SPF 50 fair to light and it was really dark and drying. Sun Bum SPF 30 Mineral Sunscreen Tinted Face Lotion also didn't work for me. Do you also deal with this dilemma or know of a tinted mineral face sunscreen lotion that will look good on skin like mine or have a solution to this problem? I'd prefer one that's pretty reasonable at the drugstore and hopefully hydrating because I'm in my early 60's and also developed severe eczema for the first time in my life last year after moving.

Thanks in advance for any feedback that you can provide. I wear sunscreen every day regardless of the weather because I've had melanoma twice and other skin cancers, too. We've had hurricanes headed our way, and I still put on tons of sunscreen everywhere my skin is exposed. Everyone should.

BTW - I only want a lotion sunscreen and not a spray, stick or anything else. I also want a real sunscreen and not a moisturizer with sunscreen in it.
I have light-medium skin w/a sallow undertone. I bought CeraVe Hydrating tinted mineral sunscreen. It looks good on my skin. Got it at Walmart. It also has ceramides & niacinamide. It's a sheer tint.

Look for Dr. Dray videos on Youtube, search for sunscreen Dr Dray. She's a dermatologist and gives recommendations & info about products. (Note: She doesn't get paid for many of those product brands, but watch for Neutrogena...she usually throws in a Neutrogena product, no matter the subject of her video. I don't care for Neutrogena, so I notice that. I think she may have a sponsorship deal w/Neutrogena (owned by Johnson&Johnson).

Old 07-31-2022, 04:20 PM

183 posts, read 122,024 times
Tower 28 gets rave reviews, maybe look at that. Higher priced BB creams also tend to include SPF protection (Clinique, Smashbox, LaRoche, etc.)

Old 08-01-2022, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Paula's Choice Wrinkle Defense SPF is an excellent product.

https://www.paulaschoice.com/resist-...pf-30/776.html

It's very very lightly tinted. It doesn't really impart color ... it just sort of evens your tone out.

It's not drugstore, but it is on sale currently.
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll definitely check it out. I normally don't buy anything online, but I might have to make an exception if I can't find something at Target, Walmart, Ulta, drugstores, grocery stores or wherever I can find a tinted mineral sunscreen that will work for me.

Old 08-01-2022, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
I have light-medium skin w/a sallow undertone. I bought CeraVe Hydrating tinted mineral sunscreen. It looks good on my skin. Got it at Walmart. It also has ceramides & niacinamide. It's a sheer tint.

Look for Dr. Dray videos on Youtube, search for sunscreen Dr Dray. She's a dermatologist and gives recommendations & info about products. (Note: She doesn't get paid for many of those product brands, but watch for Neutrogena...she usually throws in a Neutrogena product, no matter the subject of her video. I don't care for Neutrogena, so I notice that. I think she may have a sponsorship deal w/Neutrogena (owned by Johnson&Johnson).
Thanks for your feedback. I've had my eye on the CeraVe Hydrating tinted mineral sunscreen for a very long time and would be beyond thrilled if I could wear it. I pick it up every time I go to Walmart, Target or wherever it's sold, but I always put it back because it looks way too dark for my skin. I always say that I'm going to try it just to see if it works so maybe I will next time. I've been hesitant because I saw one of Dr. Dray's videos a while back where she said the color may be too dark or orange for some people, and she hopes they'll come out with more shades. Let's hope so.

It's funny that you should mention Dr. Dray. I've been watching her for years and absolutely love her! I watch at least one of her videos pretty much every day, and I've learned so much from her. I've told friends that I sure wish I could find a dermatologist like her to go to because that's the most important doctor in my life. When I went to mine a couple of weeks ago, I challenged something he said because I remembered one of Dr. Dray's videos that contradicts the statement he made, but I didn't mention Dr. Dray. He smiled and in a nice way said that I have to trust him, and there's only one dermatologist in the room.

Old 08-01-2022, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTownDays View Post
Tower 28 gets rave reviews, maybe look at that. Higher priced BB creams also tend to include SPF protection (Clinique, Smashbox, LaRoche, etc.)
Thanks. I'll have to look into Tower 28 because I'm not familiar with that one, and I've never heard Dr. Dray mention it. Unfortunately, BB creams don't have a high enough SPF protection for my needs.

Old 08-01-2022, 01:33 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,579,235 times
I like Laura Mercier. And one can mix it with a tiny bit of water on the face when applying.

Old 08-01-2022, 02:26 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,671,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFJourney View Post
Thanks. I'll have to look into Tower 28 because I'm not familiar with that one, and I've never heard Dr. Dray mention it. Unfortunately, BB creams don't have a high enough SPF protection for my needs.
How much SPF do you need? I use Missha BB cream. It is Korean and most of the shades are lighter. The SPF is pretty high. I like Paula’s choice Essential Glow but it is only SPF 30 and not strong enough for me to use in summer. Otherwise, I use Josie Maran, which is a pretty high SPF- I think SPF 45 or something.

Old 08-01-2022, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
I like Laura Mercier. And one can mix it with a tiny bit of water on the face when applying.
I've heard of her brand but never looked into her sunscreens. I will now so thanks for the recommendation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty