Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2022, 06:15 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,161,650 times

Advertisements

Earplugs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2022, 06:21 PM

19,427 posts, read 15,236,300 times
I'm not a real cruiser, but the first thing that would come to my mind is the cutest cover-up that you can find.

Old 08-08-2022, 03:47 PM

1,462 posts, read 972,935 times
I’ve only been on 1 cruise (Disney - earlier this year) and needed sunblock, and 2 bottles of very nice Cabernet Sauvignon for their fancy restaurants (Remy and Paulo). Oh and Dramamine for spouse.

Old 08-09-2022, 11:28 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
For me, I have to have sunscreen, big floppy sun hat, bathing suit, comfortable sandals. At least one shift dress.

What else?
Gym clothes, running shoes, nice outfits for dinner each night. Good walking shoes.

Old 08-13-2022, 05:35 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Water shoes, I'm so glad I packed the water shoes...the ones I bought on Amazon come in a clear plastic pouch with a zip seal. I shook off as much sand as I could after using them, and was able to keep the sand from contacting everything else in my beach bag.

Was interesting seeing what other passengers decided on wearing to the Serenity deck/adults only pool. I saw quite a few thong style bikinis, was glad to see so much body positivity.

One lady had on what looked like very expensive house slippers with a full muff of very long haired fur covering the front part (and it looked like very real fur, not "faux" fur), and she wore them all the way to the entrance of the pool. This seemed like a bizarre choice.

I saw quite a few men wearing crew socks with Adidas style plastic slides. Not my favorite look.

Saw quite a few folks wearing Birkenstocks, now I want to get a pair of those again. They looked so comfy.

Old 08-13-2022, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky3vicky View Post
Nutrisse "Sleek and Shine" hair products to keep my hair from going totally crazy with the humidity.

If it's a Carnival cruise I bring a bungee cord to hold the balcony door open.

I bring small bottles of asperin, meds for diharea, nausea, band-aids etc. because they are expensive on board if they havn't already run out.

If it's a Carnival cruise I always prop the cabinet is open to the refrigerator to keep it cold.

I always bring "poo pouri' tospray in the toilet before pooping so the bathroom never stinks.

I always bring ginger and presure bands to prevent sea sickness "NEVER had a problem with this]

I keep my passport in the safe but always bring a copy of it when I go ashore.

These are a few things that I always bring but would be easy for a new cruiser to forget.
This sounds like a great tip. I'm sure I would appreciate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezycom View Post
I always bring a lightweight pashmina b/c you can have what seems like a chilly evening (mid 60s) when you've been in the hot sun for a few days. And I always bring basic makeup, some clean undies and a change of clothes in my carryon, as the suitcases aren't delivered to your room right away.

And only comfortable shoes. People don't realize that a cruise is a walking vacation. Anything you want to do, it's always at the other end of the ship and either 3 decks up or 3 decks down. You are constantly walking.
Another great idea!

Old 08-13-2022, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Water shoes, I'm so glad I packed the water shoes...the ones I bought on Amazon come in a clear plastic pouch with a zip seal. I shook off as much sand as I could after using them, and was able to keep the sand from contacting everything else in my beach bag.

Was interesting seeing what other passengers decided on wearing to the Serenity deck/adults only pool. I saw quite a few thong style bikinis, was glad to see so much body positivity.

One lady had on what looked like very expensive house slippers with a full muff of very long haired fur covering the front part (and it looked like very real fur, not "faux" fur), and she wore them all the way to the entrance of the pool. This seemed like a bizarre choice.

I saw quite a few men wearing crew socks with Adidas style plastic slides. Not my favorite look.

Saw quite a few folks wearing Birkenstocks, now I want to get a pair of those again. They looked so comfy.
So, DontH8Me, did you have a good time? Do you mind saying where you went?

Old 08-13-2022, 10:32 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
So, DontH8Me, did you have a good time? Do you mind saying where you went?
I'll send you a DM, since I can't rep you again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty