Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2022, 09:44 AM

4,594 posts, read 6,330,825 times

Advertisements

"Not everyone can rock a bow tie, they remind me of nerds". yeah, think again.

My Son, former Army Ranger, deployed to war zones almost more times than you have fingers and toes, wears bow ties....why ? Because he freakin' can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2022, 12:34 PM

13,692 posts, read 12,387,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterTrees View Post
No on the bow tie. Unless it is a tux, a bow tie can only be pulled off if it matche sthat person's overall style and personality. You DH obviously doesn't like bow ties. Pocket square would be great or a regualr tie. But, I will say that no tie at all is pjust fine. The description of "summer formal" doesn't need a tie, IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Tell him to suck it up and wear a real tie unless he's wearing a tux.
He's wearing a linen suit which is a look that lends itself to a bow tie. It's as much a real tie a long tie assuming you don't get a clip-on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
"Not everyone can rock a bow tie, they remind me of nerds". yeah, think again.

My Son, former Army Ranger, deployed to war zones almost more times than you have fingers and toes, wears bow ties....why ? Because he freakin' can.
Your son is hardly everyone and I doubt anyone would call him a nerd.

Seriously though, I think that the big thing to remember when considering a bow tie is whther or no one has a notable double chin. IF you have a double chin and/or a short neck or both then it does you no favors.

Old 09-06-2022, 01:25 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,392,084 times
There is not an age. Bow ties seem stylish these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty