Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2022, 06:27 PM

15,966 posts, read 7,027,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
Ha! I looked in my closet last week and saw a lot I need to trim. My trim is folding the unwanted clothes (they are clean) and stacking them in a garbage bag and taking them to the good will.

I have my "bland set." These are loose dress pants and a few long sleeve formless but nice shirts. Those are for church. We have some people with serious health problems, some struggling with skin issues or going through some difficult circumstances and I feel better, for some reason wearing those there. My husb calls them "your church lady clothes."
I have no blahs, all gone. Every piece i have I love, both casual and dressy. Occasionally i make a mistake but if it thin and comfy, it becomes sleep wear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2022, 07:39 AM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Wow. I wonder if you have moths?
If the holes are in the very front, I had that, too. I could never figure it out. If you google it, it's a thing. Some people think it's clothes rubbing against a zipper. I don't think that's it. We moved and have a different washer now and I don't seem to have it happen anymore. So it could be the washer but it doesn't explain why they are usually right in the front. I also sometimes wore a hoodie to keep warm and it could have been the zipper catching the t shirt front. I am not wearing hoodies as I am in a warm climate now.

Old 09-16-2022, 07:53 AM

5,581 posts, read 6,508,599 times
Regarding the pinholes in the shirts, I have discovered how it happens in my case. When I cook or do dishes, I tend to lean up agains the counter. The counter overhangs the base of the cupboards. The underside of my countertop is very rough, and when I slide up or down the counter, my shirts can get caught on one of the rough parts of the countertop material. Once I realized that, I actually watched for it to prove my point. Yep, I actually saw my t-shirt snag on the underside, and when I looked at my shirt immediately, there was the tiny pinhole. I now always wear an apron when cooking and doing kitchen sink work.

Last edited by Lodestar 77; 09-16-2022 at 08:35 AM..

Old 09-16-2022, 10:31 AM

15,966 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
Regarding the pinholes in the shirts, I have discovered how it happens in my case. When I cook or do dishes, I tend to lean up agains the counter. The counter overhangs the base of the cupboards. The underside of my countertop is very rough, and when I slide up or down the counter, my shirts can get caught on one of the rough parts of the countertop material. Once I realized that, I actually watched for it to prove my point. Yep, I actually saw my t-shirt snag on the underside, and when I looked at my shirt immediately, there was the tiny pinhole. I now always wear an apron when cooking and doing kitchen sink work.
I considered that as well, I thought may be the heat from the burners. But my other shirts are all fine, I don't do anything different when I have those on.

Old 09-16-2022, 10:47 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Wow. I wonder if you have moths?
According to the reviews on some vendors' websites, the material is so thin, that it quickly develops holes around the waistband of people's jeans, or simply from washing a few times. Many vendors have been using thinner and thinner material over the years. People complain the fabric is see-through, it's too flimsy, it doesn't hold up in the wash, etc. Why these vendors continue ordering cheap cr@p is a mystery. It's wasteful, and gives them a bad reputation. Plus their staff have too many returns to deal with.

Another sign of cheap manufacturing (in China, Vietnam, Bangladesh or wherever) is the many complaints about inconsistent sizing of items from a single vendor. Whoever is filling the company's orders overseas is just cranking out product without any attention to quality and consistency; no quality-control. There are lots of complaints about ordering two different colors of the same item in one size, yet each of the two are different sizes.

This makes one wonder how many of the positive reviews are fake. Especially the ones saying, "I loved this so much, I'm going to order it in all the colors", or "I got several of these last year and they're great! I'm getting them in all of this year's colors, too!" Do people really do that? How do they have storage room for year after year of ordering 4 different t-shirts or blouses, not to mention the cost of over-priced merchandise?

Old 09-16-2022, 11:26 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,433,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
But they have a logo, no? I dont do logos.
It's very small and unobtrusive though. But hey, you do you.

Old 09-16-2022, 11:26 AM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
According to the reviews on some vendors' websites, the material is so thin, that it quickly develops holes around the waistband of people's jeans, or simply from washing a few times. Many vendors have been using thinner and thinner material over the years. People complain the fabric is see-through, it's too flimsy, it doesn't hold up in the wash, etc. Why these vendors continue ordering cheap cr@p is a mystery. It's wasteful, and gives them a bad reputation. Plus their staff have too many returns to deal with.

Another sign of cheap manufacturing (in China, Vietnam, Bangladesh or wherever) is the many complaints about inconsistent sizing of items from a single vendor. Whoever is filling the company's orders overseas is just cranking out product without any attention to quality and consistency; no quality-control. There are lots of complaints about ordering two different colors of the same item in one size, yet each of the two are different sizes.

This makes one wonder how many of the positive reviews are fake. Especially the ones saying, "I loved this so much, I'm going to order it in all the colors", or "I got several of these last year and they're great! I'm getting them in all of this year's colors, too!" Do people really do that? How do they have storage room for year after year of ordering 4 different t-shirts or blouses, not to mention the cost of over-priced merchandise?
I guess since I just don’t buy those thin fabrics, I’ve not had the issue. I’m a bit of a “ fabric hound” and am ridiculously picky about the fabric of any clothes I buy. I despise those thin t-shirts that have seemingly replaced the higher quality fabric in some brands/stores. I want soft, but I refuse to wear the thin nearly see-through stuff.

My fabric “ pickiness” is one reason I don’t order clothes online.

Old 09-16-2022, 12:04 PM

1,680 posts, read 2,558,637 times
I used to be able to buy online from specific companies, because, I knew what size I was in a particular brand. The last two years that has not been possible. The same item in the same size in different colors are now too small, too big, or just right depending upon the color I ordered.

If you are going to buy online be sure they have an easy return policy and free shipping to return the item (or a local store where you can return an item that was ordered online).

Old 09-16-2022, 12:08 PM

4,602 posts, read 6,364,058 times
I get my colored T shirts from clothingshoponline, and swim suits from swimoutlet.com

Old 09-16-2022, 04:31 PM

554 posts, read 347,000 times
A while ago I ordered Amazon essential summer clothes, loved them, inexpensive and pretty good quality.

Also, years ago I bought sandals the brands The Mountain and The Cliffs. Since then I go online and buy the same exact sandals every spring, works out great and much better price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty