Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2023, 12:38 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,879,210 times

Advertisements

The color you think looks best on you. That would be interesting to compare with an earlier, most-often-worn poll by someone else. Also, men, please chime in, because I have no idea how many guys believe a specific color is best on them.

Last edited by goodheathen; 01-01-2023 at 12:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2023, 07:08 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,308,852 times
I'm always complimented when I wear red or royal blue.

Old 01-02-2023, 11:02 AM

6,033 posts, read 6,145,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
The color you think looks best on you. That would be interesting to compare with an earlier, most-often-worn poll by someone else. Also, men, please chime in, because I have no idea how many guys believe a specific color is best on them.
With fair hair, beard, and pale complexion it's a good bet brown palettes look better on me than black. Black is too much of a contrast outside of formal events. Thus I gravitate to:

Good: Medium to dark blue appears to work well on us pale peoples. Paired usually with brown accents (shoes, belt, glasses, watch). Men gravitate to blue. Had a little fun yesterday at an organized New Year's Day run in metro Seattle examining what the guys wore. Far too many gray and black ensembles. Colors stand out in our months of gray days where the landscape and people start to look washed out. I wore yellow and medium blue. The few others with colors stood out as well. That's just how I roll.

Not so Good: All considered yellow may not look "good" on me or any other guy. Only worn as running wear! My trail running shoes are yellow so why not match.

Not Entirely Sure: Olive and darker greens appeal to me. I have a newer pair of Lululemon classic fit slacks in dark olive that I find quite appealing. Seem to go well with my brown leather B3 bomber jacket (only when < 32F). Also my lighter-weight casual brown leather jacket and medium brown rain shell, for chilly and warmer weather respectively.

Wild Card: I like dark burgundy or darker reds in-general. They don't particularly match with lighter reds. I cannot for the life of me figure out if I look good in dark burgundy, so I just go for it and come what may from the fashion police!

Old 01-02-2023, 01:53 PM
KB4

1,032 posts, read 1,640,223 times
Olive and teal. Autumn palette in general.

Old 01-02-2023, 02:54 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,580,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
No one specific color. The colors depend on so many things. I think I'm a winter, but not a true winter, since white isn't good for me, and darkish browns are flattering. I like vivid, true colors, plus black, and some dark muted colors like teal.

Examples of what I wear a lot of: Red (preferably bluish or true red), royal blue, dark teal, forest green, purple, lavender, baby pink, turquoise, and of course black.

Generally...anything but white, gold, yellow, olive, mauve, orange, pale muted colors, gray.

Old 01-03-2023, 05:22 AM

3,374 posts, read 1,966,962 times
I'm a woman with blonde hair, blue eyes and a light complexion. Jewel tones looks best on me - color with saturation. If I wear beige or pastels I look washed out. I love the color yellow but it does nothing for me. I wear it anyway because I love it - especially a nice soft butter yellow.

Old 01-03-2023, 08:58 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,148,580 times
I wear jewel tones, although green is quite ugly on me. I look Frankenstein's monster-ish in green. Blues, reds, magenta, burgundy, pinks, purples...they all look great on me.

Old 01-03-2023, 10:44 AM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Since I let my hair go gray, I find navy blue looks good, plus I have a blue-green top, not quite a teal, that I took from my late mother's closet, and for some reason that looks great with my hair.

Colors that worked with my previous light auburn with highlights don't necessarily flatter me anymore.

Old 01-03-2023, 10:49 AM

3,055 posts, read 2,032,631 times
I'm blonde/blue-green eyed and look best in subdued greens and blues.
So hard to find an olive green shirt but when I do it's a buy.
Also love navy, black.
I love khaki for bottoms but can't wear near face or I'll look ill haha.

Old 01-03-2023, 11:32 AM

1,706 posts, read 1,150,656 times
Purple or eggplant. I have an olive complexion so that looks the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty