Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2023, 02:51 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,958,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
You beat me to the punch with your post. I'm 10 years older than her and still get asked for proof for my Senior Discounts. Science can sometimes be worse than Mother Nature.
Not everyone has amazing genes and ages gracefully or slow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2023, 08:28 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,247,288 times
I have thin lips, I always have. The idea of getting lip filler does not appeal. I’m not against fillers, I’m seriously considering them for my under hollow eye things. Because there’s no getting rid of that with make up. But my lips are so thin And small, that one little mistake is just going to be bad. There’s like literally no room for error.

But what gets me? There is an old Hollywood technique of overdrawing your lips to make them look fuller. I have played around with it, and it doesn’t work. It’s such a common thing to see now — practically everybody does the overdraw. And frankly the ones I see do it have nice full plush lips, they don’t need to overdraw. And it looks weird.

Old 02-16-2023, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post

But what gets me? There is an old Hollywood technique of overdrawing your lips to make them look fuller. I have played around with it, and it doesn’t work. It’s such a common thing to see now — practically everybody does the overdraw. And frankly the ones I see do it have nice full plush lips, they don’t need to overdraw. And it looks weird.
If I was you I would go to a make up artist and see if they can do it. Because I do think that works. It doesn't do miracle but it may make a bit of a difference.

Old 02-16-2023, 11:33 AM

2,232 posts, read 2,402,959 times
I've been getting lip filler for a few years now. I overdid it in the beginning..I was getting it too often... I haven't gotten it in like a year and a half and my lips are still full, but not crazy. I like how full lips look on my face

Old 02-16-2023, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
I've been getting lip filler for a few years now. I overdid it in the beginning..I was getting it too often... I haven't gotten it in like a year and a half and my lips are still full, but not crazy. I like how full lips look on my face
Not sure if you did that or knew - and what a lot of people don't know - if you don't like it, they can reverse it. I have done that.

Old 02-19-2023, 12:52 PM

88,527 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Laughing because I was watching the news and thought of this thread. Two (very intelligent) women having a dialogue back and forth, but they both so obviously had lip fillers that it was distracting. The one on the right's is very uneven. The upper right lip is fatter than the rest.

Old 02-19-2023, 01:37 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,020,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Laughing because I was watching the news and thought of this thread. Two (very intelligent) women having a dialogue back and forth, but they both so obviously had lip fillers that it was distracting. The one on the right's is very uneven. The upper right lip is fatter than the rest.
Honestly they both look to me like they're going with what they were naturally born with but I think the woman in the green jacket should get that distracting mole removed. It makes her whole face look asymmetrical.

Old 02-19-2023, 04:37 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,060,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyYa80s View Post
Along with the tarantula eye lashes, it is always so obvious your lips have filler in them. Maybe a little more popular with the young instagram crowd then the older ladies, but nevertheless just so fake looking. The art of cosmetic procedures is that it is "supposed" to look natural. Having an upper lip that looks like a plunger not to mention the swelling that can occur the first few days, is not god given, well unless you are Steve Tyler
You missed out slug eyebrows, as well! Yes, where did this trend for a thicker upper lip come from? Who started it? You never see it in real life, do you?

I’d say that my top and bottom lips are roughly the same size. There’s no way I’d be making my top lip bigger than the bottom one - it would look bloody stupid! It looks stupid on other people, so I wouldn’t want to make myself look as stupid!

It makes peoples’ lips look a funny shape, as well. Sort of all lumpy. And why do women with fake lips, insist on drawing thick lines of dark lip pencil around them? That makes them look even worse!

Old 02-20-2023, 07:47 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,573,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post

It makes peoples’ lips look a funny shape, as well. Sort of all lumpy. And why do women with fake lips, insist on drawing thick lines of dark lip pencil around them? That makes them look even worse!

ITA. I’d never get lip filler but I do use different types of lip glosses & lipsticks. Too many women don’t know how to line the lips correctly. A lot of them have questions about it or say they didn’t know they had been doing it wrong. They “over line” them to make them look bigger & it doesn’t look right IMO. Some of them use the wrong shade too. If it’s done correctly tho, they won’t look worse.

Old 02-20-2023, 12:32 PM

401 posts, read 275,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
You’re a guy but, do you know of anybody who gets paid to have filler in their lips? IMO it’s insecurity when they take it too far. Tbh, I feel sorry for them. They need negative attention to get any attention or they could have BDD.
Just look at the instagram "models"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty