Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2023, 12:28 PM

6,640 posts, read 5,054,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smt1111 View Post
Cargo pants are very casual and not super feminine looking so I wouldn't wear them just to have somewhere to put my phone. I would only wear them for hiking.

Why don't women use handbags any longer? I see them carrying their phone and a massive set of keys on a ring and it's so easy to lose things when you're just carrying them like that.

I would hesitate to put my phone in a pants pocket, as it could slide out. Say you want to go to the bathroom and forget the phone is in the pocket.

I have not used a purse or bag in decades unless it's something very specific ie I'm on a jobsite and will carry a briefecase type bag, or my laptop bag (that has one external pocket). I do have a couple of casual bags with bottle pockets that I've used for seminars (if I don't need my laptop or ipad) - but I usually take notes on an ipad and then I may as well toss a small backpack over my shoulder.

Purses and bags tend to be catch alls. What do I really need? If it weren't for the fact that locally Home Depot and Michaels refuse to accept phone payments, I wouldn't even bring my wallet into a store.

I carry a phone and car key. Sunglasses are on my head. That's it. House keys stay in the car, last thing I want is to drop them when I am out and about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2023, 06:16 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,233,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
I carry a phone and car key. Sunglasses are on my head. That's it. House keys stay in the car, last thing I want is to drop them when I am out and about.

You must not have a lot of theft were you live? Cars are broken into on the regular here, and one of the popular items is the garage door opener. They got your address and a way into the house!

I do keep the house locked going into the garage but it would be trivial to kick it in un-noticed if you were already in the garage.

Old 02-26-2023, 06:45 PM

6,640 posts, read 5,054,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetodust View Post
You must not have a lot of theft were you live? Cars are broken into on the regular here, and one of the popular items is the garage door opener. They got your address and a way into the house!

I do keep the house locked going into the garage but it would be trivial to kick it in un-noticed if you were already in the garage.
I don't have a garage door opener and my garage is detached anyway. My car is pretty clean inside and it's older and considering I often shop in a more expensive town, my grocery getter doesn't look as appealing as the Range Rover next to it. If you're really interested in my $18 phone charger, have at it. But it's not even wireless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty