Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 07:07 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,830,538 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have experience with the Snap-on Smileâ„¢ product? It was featured on the local morning news a while back, and I've checked out their website, but would love to hear peoples' first-hand experiences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 08:43 AM

1 posts, read 17,829 times
Default Snap on Smile Disappointment

I have a snap on smile and I am very unhappy with it. I look like a beaver with it on and the back part broke so it always gets food caught. I also still lisp with it. So does my friend. Not what I was hoping for.

Old 10-19-2008, 04:00 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,253,321 times
ooh neat...too bad I wasted my money on braces!
LOL

I seriously want to try these out though on other people...If i can convince anyone..I will let you know if its bad/good.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:43 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,027,811 times
I think I saw these in a catalog and I wondered why on earth anyone would want something like that. Isn't it better just to go to the dentist/ortho and get your teeth fixed? At least my teeth are the one thing I've never had to worry about. I have "model teeth". Hope that didn't come off as conceited, cuz it's not supposed to be.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:01 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,649,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I think I saw these in a catalog and I wondered why on earth anyone would want something like that. Isn't it better just to go to the dentist/ortho and get your teeth fixed? At least my teeth are the one thing I've never had to worry about. I have "model teeth". Hope that didn't come off as conceited, cuz it's not supposed to be.
Not conceited at all, Twinkle! I have straight, white, perfect teeth too.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:15 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,662,975 times
What the heck is a snap on smile?

Old 10-22-2008, 09:54 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,253,321 times
I asked my dentist about caps and he actually told me not to do that ever unless my teeth were damaged. I would like to have bright whites but they are just not that thick enamel wise. Never were.
Whatever you have done perm to your teeth you are going to have to maintain. The one thing I really hate about my braces is that I have to snap in that stupid retainer since my wisdom teeth shifted up.
Annoyiiiiiiiiiiing.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:50 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,165,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
What the heck is a snap on smile?
I had never heard of them either. Here's a website I found about them:
Snap-On Smile (http://snaponsmile.com/why-snap-on-smile.html - broken link)
For those of you who have purchased them.....are they expensive? What a COOL product. Even if they didn't fit perfectly and had some mechanical flaws, it would still be worth it if the price was right.

5 years ago I paid a fortune for 6 porcelain crowns (close to $6000) on my upper front teeth. One keeps falling off, whenever I eat anything cold, so I ended up gluing it back with super glue. Worked fine, but eventually they really need to be replaced. I no longer have dental insurance so I need an affordable alternative.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:59 PM

9 posts, read 78,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I had never heard of them either. Here's a website I found about them:
Snap-On Smile (http://snaponsmile.com/why-snap-on-smile.html - broken link)
For those of you who have purchased them.....are they expensive? What a COOL product. Even if they didn't fit perfectly and had some mechanical flaws, it would still be worth it if the price was right.

5 years ago I paid a fortune for 6 porcelain crowns (close to $6000) on my upper front teeth. One keeps falling off, whenever I eat anything cold, so I ended up gluing it back with super glue. Worked fine, but eventually they really need to be replaced. I no longer have dental insurance so I need an affordable alternative.

i just came back from my local dentist. there are few labs that can make snap on, it's not very popular in my area. the quote i got was 750. probably cheapest, bc it's not same material what they show on tv. i needed a cheap temporary prosthesis to replace my crudely made 3rd world flipper. what you see on tv costs 1500 for upper or lower. i was curious about it so scheduled another free consult just to see if they can beat the first quote. snap on is very easy and cheap to make. even cheaper and easier than valplast or acrylic. it's disgusting what dentists charge for a quick impression and 15 minutes of bull**** talk.

isn't super glue toxic? and it could be damaging to the tooth and gum tissue. it's absolutely wrong not to be able to afford treatment. who allows these ******* dentists to charge such outrageous fees???!!! why are they, MD's, and lawyers keep destroying the states???!!!

Old 09-02-2010, 10:32 AM

4 posts, read 40,209 times
I have a new SHREKy smile...thanks to Snap On Smile. I have to remember to close my lips all the time otherwise, my new Snap On Smile will keep my lips apart. They are so thick and bulky. I am very unhappy with my dental appliance. I have both upper and lower arch. The appliance is very uncomfortable and painfully tight. I was told that it will take at least a month to get adjusted to it. Fine! The pain might go away after some time but how about the size of my Snap On Smile? They look much bigger than what I expected. The inside of the lower arch is not flushed to the teeth and my tongue keeps on rubbing against the sharp edge. I paid $2,500.00 for this set. Not worth it!

Last edited by tatskie; 09-02-2010 at 10:34 AM.. Reason: repeated words
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty