Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2023, 07:07 AM

9,848 posts, read 7,712,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Back when I was in my 20's, my sister worked at a Dunkin Donuts, and sometimes I'd pick her up after her night shift was over. Sometimes I'd get there a little early and hang out until she was done.

From time to time, we'd see this couple come in, a man and woman. The woman always looked...kinda trashy...especially for the venue. She was a petite lady. The man looked and dressed average. He always looked appropriate, but he didn't stand out in any way, but as a COUPLE, they were noticeable because of how she was dressed. Short flouncy little skirts, low cut tops, fishnet stockings, high heels, lots of sequins.

Looking back on it now...I'm thinking maybe she was a cocktail waitress somewhere, and her man would pick her up, and they'd stop for a donut and coffee to unwind a little.
My first thought was hooker and pimp.

Back in the 70's when we were in high school, for kicks, we'd drive downtown to watch them. Back then the pimps wore bright colored leisure suits and matching hats and drove Cadillacs. They'd hang out at the pizza shop. The hookers would walk around that block.

I can't believe we did that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2023, 07:43 AM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,152,345 times
Anything Lizzo wears

Old 08-04-2023, 08:08 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,045,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
Anything Lizzo wears
I can’t stand her. She will probably die before the age of 50 from diabetes because her “big girl fan base” is so large, she will never be able to lose weight and still be popular. She has absolutely no class, big or skinny.

Old 08-04-2023, 08:39 AM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,152,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington Steel View Post
I can’t stand her. She will probably die before the age of 50 from diabetes because her “big girl fan base” is so large, she will never be able to lose weight and still be popular. She has absolutely no class, big or skinny.
Yep. And who would have guessed that one day we would live in a society where fattyness is celebrated by many, and one could get fame and fortune just for being a barely-talented fats?

Old 08-04-2023, 12:35 PM

2,270 posts, read 4,121,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
My first thought was hooker and pimp.

Back in the 70's when we were in high school, for kicks, we'd drive downtown to watch them. Back then the pimps wore bright colored leisure suits and matching hats and drove Cadillacs. They'd hang out at the pizza shop. The hookers would walk around that block.

I can't believe we did that.
Soooo, this is going to seem weird but when I was growing up my grandmother would load up a bunch of us and we would literally count hookers in Waikiki and at times on Hotel street (very seedy).

Then as a teenager my friends and would walk around and count them. Later, when we were stationed back to Hawaii DH and I took our kids (and sometimes my sister's kids) hooker counting.

It wasn't just my family, so many of the people I grew up with did the same thing.

Old 08-05-2023, 02:21 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,817,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington Steel View Post
She probably does more cardio than you in a week, than you do a month. As far as being classy; I don't know her like that, but given the alegations on her fat shaming her dancers, probably not very classy.

Old 08-05-2023, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
She probably does more cardio than you in a week, than you do a month. As far as being classy; I don't know her like that, but given the alegations on her fat shaming her dancers, probably not very classy.
Uhh...I do 1 1/2 hours of cardio a day. Her heart is working overtime while she stands still, so I can imagine it is working triple overtime for her.

Old 08-05-2023, 10:27 AM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
This popped up in an ad, I shop at Kohls sometimes but this would not be something that is targeted at me. Don't know if trashy or just too much body positivity but I don't like it.

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-52...20Pink&prdPV=1

Old 08-05-2023, 10:40 AM

27,169 posts, read 43,867,759 times
I live in Florida, too many to count. A trip to Walmart is usually rife with examples, and in my opinion begs for an observation deck.

Old 08-05-2023, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
This popped up in an ad, I shop at Kohls sometimes but this would not be something that is targeted at me. Don't know if trashy or just too much body positivity but I don't like it.

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-52...20Pink&prdPV=1
Ugh….my eyes!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty