Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2023, 12:59 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,139,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
This popped up in an ad, I shop at Kohls sometimes but this would not be something that is targeted at me. Don't know if trashy or just too much body positivity but I don't like it.

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-52...20Pink&prdPV=1
They're work-out clothes, and I think the reason they used a very plus-size model (I think) is to show what size would actually fit a plus size person. I think it'd be helpful to know a "large" size fits THIS type of body, and apparently can go up from there.

I think that's probably helpful information to the person shopping for plus-size athletic wear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2023, 03:01 PM

19,608 posts, read 12,210,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
They're work-out clothes, and I think the reason they used a very plus-size model (I think) is to show what size would actually fit a plus size person. I think it'd be helpful to know a "large" size fits THIS type of body, and apparently can go up from there.

I think that's probably helpful information to the person shopping for plus-size athletic wear.
That wasn't the issue, of course they are going to use a plus size model for plus size clothing. It is the type of clothing and the loud colors. When I was larger I would not have worn anything close to that, and still would not, as think it looks cheap. People wear those athletic clothes all the time now not just to work out so I see that as an outfit to be worn in public.

Old 08-07-2023, 05:35 PM

3,253 posts, read 1,739,106 times
Quote:
Googled it, possibly one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in clothing.
I believe most men would disagree. Check the "reaction to" videos on youtube

Old 08-08-2023, 07:06 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,302,595 times
Quote:
This popped up in an ad, I shop at Kohls sometimes but this would not be something that is targeted at me. Don't know if trashy or just too much body positivity but I don't like it.

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-52...20Pink&prdPV=1

We've definitely gone from one extreme to the other.

Old 08-08-2023, 07:20 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,302,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BijouBaby View Post
Oh My God! No wonder aliens visit here and don't stay....

Old 08-08-2023, 08:01 AM

401 posts, read 275,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 47 View Post
IIRC, they're called "Butt Boosting" or "Scrunch butt" leggings. Yes women intentionally wear them at the gym and I've seen them in my yoga classes as well. They do wonders for their derriere tho.....
Tacky, tacky look at me clothing. Let's walk around with a butt wedgie all day

Old 08-08-2023, 09:09 AM

9,438 posts, read 5,201,523 times
Kanye West's new girlfriend in the NY Post yesterday.
Sheer body suit - no bra and a thong underpanty. Good grief. I needed eye bleach after that!!!

Old 08-08-2023, 09:34 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,139,106 times
Quote:
That wasn't the issue, of course they are going to use a plus size model for plus size clothing. It is the type of clothing and the loud colors. When I was larger I would not have worn anything close to that, and still would not, as think it looks cheap. People wear those athletic clothes all the time now not just to work out so I see that as an outfit to be worn in public.
Well, I probably wouldn't wear anything like that either, I think I'd be self-conscious. I'd be more like a pair of biker shorts and a long tshirt. But I don't fault anyone who has the confidence to do so. And I guess I feel like "bright colors? Sure, why not?"

If bright colors makes a person feel bodacious and like anything is possible and instills self confidence...I think "go for it."

Last edited by SnazzyB; 08-08-2023 at 09:51 AM..

Old 08-08-2023, 12:24 PM

506 posts, read 342,326 times
I sometimes see men wearing vulgar t shirts. The vulgarity could be an image or a message. I'm talking about things like hypersexualized imagery, large print foul language / curse words, or a specific example I remember is a political message that crudely depicted bestiality (pictogram / stick figure) worn at a 4th of July community event. If they want to wear those shirts at their backyard bbq gathering with their friends that's great but to wear offensive, inappropriate stuff in public is truly trashy.

Old 08-08-2023, 03:07 PM

19,608 posts, read 12,210,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsitsipas View Post
I sometimes see men wearing vulgar t shirts. The vulgarity could be an image or a message. I'm talking about things like hypersexualized imagery, large print foul language / curse words, or a specific example I remember is a political message that crudely depicted bestiality (pictogram / stick figure) worn at a 4th of July community event. If they want to wear those shirts at their backyard bbq gathering with their friends that's great but to wear offensive, inappropriate stuff in public is truly trashy.
Yes, I hate that. Some rude slob bumped into me coming out of a pizza place, the front of his shirt said Welcome to my World, the back said Now f@*% off.
What, is that supposed to be funny? I don't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty