Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2023, 08:20 PM
Status: "Hate is too easy, Love takes courage." (set 3 days ago)

2,049 posts, read 3,368,798 times

Advertisements

QVC and HSN have tons of clothes. So does Macy's. I order from all of them. But i dont know if it's better for you to try on first. (You can return but most make you pay for the shipping i believe.)

I am hard to fit and i find lots from them. Macy's has a lot of good sales.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2023, 10:02 PM

8,007 posts, read 10,464,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
At 5 feet a regular maxi dress will be ways too long. How much time do you spend sitting outside in a dress when "it's hotter than hell"?

Kohl's, JC Penney, Macy's, even Sams, ... have inexpensive summer dresses with the high waist. A lot of them are cut loose. Have you looked at large Juniors?
Wrap dresses can be cute but by the time you wear a chemise or dickie where is the summer dress effect? The safety pin thing looks so ... . If you do not want to show cleavage wear something different and do not pull fabric where it is not meant to be.
I can easily have it shortened. And I'm in Texas. It's been 105+ degrees here for something like 45 days now. I try to spend as little time as possible outside, but getting into your car after it's been sitting in a parking lot for 6 hours on a 109 degree day is an experience. Blast the a/c all you want, but your car is not cooling down quickly. And sunshades don't do squat. Mine actually started melting a couple weeks ago. I have to dress nicely for an event, and a dress is going to be much cooler than slacks.

Old 08-17-2023, 10:03 PM

8,007 posts, read 10,464,586 times
Thank you for the help, everyone. I stumbled on this site and it looks like they have some great dresses. Going to give them a try.

https://www.petallush.com/

Old 08-20-2023, 06:06 PM

24,155 posts, read 32,597,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
I'm short - only about 5 feet tall. I have a few extra pounds and usually wear a size 8. I'm also have a large chest and am 51 years old. The style of clothes on sites like BloomChic look best on me. They have flattering cuts for mature folks with a few extra pounds, are stylish, and don't cause issues with things being too low cut or not working with a larger chest. BTW, I tried ordering something from BloomChic in their smallest size (size 10), and it was way too big.

The problem is that because I'm also short, I don't fall into what is considered plus size. So I can't seem to find anything in similar styles in my size. Does anyone have any suggestions of stores that have similar styles but in more size options?

Thanks!
You are a PETITE. If you are only 5' feet tall, you should shop for size 8P. Regular Petites go up to 12.

Old 08-22-2023, 02:17 PM

12,794 posts, read 15,059,271 times
I'm only 5'3" & when I started gaining weight, I seemed to still never have fashion problems throughout my life. I've bought clothing from the regular stores out there (listed below) w/ no probems. By the way, I've NEVER in my life bought clothing from the petite section. If a brand came in SHORT though, I'd get that though often times (for bottoms).

Nordstrom
Macy's
Express
Bloomingdale's
White House Black Market
JCPenney
New York & Company
Marshalls at times
etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty