Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2023, 04:35 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,275,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I think they all look like slobs. I'm an equal opportunity hater when it comes to PJs in public.
True, Riley. I wouldn't wear my pjs to go to the mailbox, but I see people shopping and walking around in public places dressed in pajamas.

I recently saw a family shopping with their children. Their teenage girl, who had to be 5 and a half feet tall was wearing a printed onesie with a hood. I blame the parents for allowing her to go out in public like that. It is the parents responsibility to teach their children how to dress. My mother taught me that you don't put a checkered shirt with print pants. It doesn't take much effort on the parent's part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2023, 07:13 AM

9,852 posts, read 7,718,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Well, my dear haters - my black fleece PJs fit better than some jeans I see and are not as cheap as some dress pants I see. So I will continue PJs and matching vests in public. Beats jeggins any day!
I have a couple pairs of those too. On cold days I grab for those because they are soft and warm and solid black. I really don't care if someone recognized them as pj pants. I think they look more stylish then some baggy old lady slacks.

Old 12-20-2023, 07:47 AM

1,230 posts, read 989,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
You think that conservative people don't wear pajama pants?
Conservative places are more culture conservative and keeping the ways things where in the past. Well cities are normally more liberal and embracing different lifestyle.

Old 12-20-2023, 08:41 AM

16,417 posts, read 12,495,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble99 View Post
Conservative places are more culture conservative and keeping the ways things where in the past. Well cities are normally more liberal and embracing different lifestyle.
I definitely don't agree with this assertion.

Old 12-20-2023, 11:21 AM

501 posts, read 1,064,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble99 View Post
No lol

I went to college in Murray, KY...rural, western KY with churches on every corner. It was such a conservative backwater that it was still a dry county (no alcohol sales) when I graduated in 2002. The county then allowed alcohol by the drink and finally, in 2012, full alcohol sales. Yet in 2002, we all wore pajama bottoms when doing late night runs to Walmart, the grocery store, and sometimes class.

Old 12-20-2023, 11:54 AM

1,394 posts, read 1,400,038 times
it has become so popular, i guess that is the right word, to wear pj clothes, i don't really notice it much anymore. now, i don't wear them out, but schools in my area have a pj day several times a year. that is acceptance, in my opinion.

years ago, i was boarding a flight in one of the mid-western cities and a group of female college athletes got on and everyone of them had on pajamas. that was my first initiation into pajamas as everyday attire. while i have relaxed my flying attire from formal business to casual business and even jeans and a sport coat, pajamas are not in my wheelhouse for air travel yet.

Old 12-26-2023, 11:55 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,966,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I don't see it much in my area, so the times I saw it, I thought it's just someone being tacky. Didn't know it was a trend. & it's always been a young person (teen to 20 something).

I assume you're talking about the obvious-looking, flannel PJ pants & not the flowy, silky type upscale-looking pants that could be PJs.

OK, I said my post above back in August, but I see it a LOT more often now, especially that red & black, checkered design. Why is that one so popular?

Just yesterday, I saw some grown, adult lady who looked in her 30s wearing a ONESIE pj type w/ her haid in a bun as if she was all fashionable. How tacky! It's bad enough when the teens & 20-somethings wear them & I sure hope none of the ones people wear out in public are the ones they actually sleep in!

Old 12-28-2023, 01:53 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,183,019 times
Just today I saw a couple at the store: the guy was wearing plaid pajama bottoms and the girl was wearing a plaid pajama top and bottoms. It was at Walmart, too...what a shock!

Old 12-28-2023, 04:42 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,966,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfab1 View Post
Just today I saw a couple at the store: the guy was wearing plaid pajama bottoms and the girl was wearing a plaid pajama top and bottoms. It was at Walmart, too...what a shock!

Not too shocked if it was at Walmart. I've been seeing people at that specific store wearing pj bottoms WAY before this so-called trend seemed to have started.

Old 12-29-2023, 06:11 AM

3,109 posts, read 1,005,048 times
I noticed an older couple a few days ago. The man was in his underwear. I'm not kidding. They were entering a Goodwill store. My husband said:"They are going inside so he can buy a pair of pants!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty