Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2023, 01:36 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,147,358 times

Advertisements

Today I learned some people who have locker rooms at work change into uniforms there....Meaning the guy strolling into the corner store in PJs really is on his way to work, not stoned out of his gourd all day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2023, 02:42 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,673,065 times
The acceptance of a slob lifestyle in America is certainly a telling measure of just how far we've come as a society. It isn't the Pajamas that bother me so much, but the general incivility that seems to accompany such attire. Whether we are out eating, shopping, or just walking around in the good weather, people are out and about looking like they never clean up, or comb their hair, foul looking folks who will tell you all about their search for "comfort." It's a laziness that has engulfed the country and the PJ's are simply one more add on to the sad state of US civility..

Old 12-30-2023, 04:22 PM

21,915 posts, read 9,486,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
You’re just now noticing? This has been going on for YEARS. Maybe even decades?
Not decades. But I will say years.

Old 12-30-2023, 04:30 PM

3,108 posts, read 1,002,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
The acceptance of a slob lifestyle in America is certainly a telling measure of just how far we've come as a society. It isn't the Pajamas that bother me so much, but the general incivility that seems to accompany such attire. Whether we are out eating, shopping, or just walking around in the good weather, people are out and about looking like they never clean up, or comb their hair, foul looking folks who will tell you all about their search for "comfort." It's a laziness that has engulfed the country and the PJ's are simply one more add on to the sad state of US civility..
You are right. It is terribly sad.

Old 12-30-2023, 06:02 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,147,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
Oh I feel what you are saying.

This is why women get enraged when people bag on them spending too much time on hairstyling. Most women with complicated hair get up super early for that!

But there's also a lack of time. Most people either work one exhausting job, or two terrible ones, or one job plus caring for family. So much goes by the wayside.

Old 12-31-2023, 06:50 AM

3,108 posts, read 1,002,933 times
deleted

Last edited by farm108; 12-31-2023 at 07:12 AM..

Old 12-31-2023, 11:27 AM

256 posts, read 114,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Not decades. But I will say years.
Nope. Decades...

Old 01-01-2024, 03:39 PM

1 posts, read 290 times
This is and has been a trend with the younger generation for decades now. My daughter wears what most would call "pajamas" as her normal clothes -- for the past two years she's worn a cute top or a hoodie/sweater paired with matching plaid pajama pants almost everyday. It's not like she's rolling out of bed and leaving the house -- she doesn't wear them to bed and always does her hair, etc. before going out.

Obviously if we're going to church she knows to dress up, but apart from that, I think her outfit is completely fine for school, errands, restaurants, etc. She puts effort into pairing comfort with looking nice -- and I have no issue with her wanting to be comfortable when she leaves the house.

However it does go without saying that people who visibly wear pajamas out -- ex. fuzzy pants with the cartoon characters and obnoxious designs, etc. -- are trashy and lazy, and generally tend to meet all of stereotypes of people leaving the house in pajamas. These are the ones who you see on the front of "People of Walmart".

TL;DR: I think the plaid pajama pants are fine if they're clean, fresh, and well put-together.

Old 01-01-2024, 06:43 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,935,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farm108 View Post
I noticed an older couple a few days ago. The man was in his underwear. I'm not kidding. They were entering a Goodwill store. My husband said:"They are going inside so he can buy a pair of pants!"
Maybe they were! Maybe something had happened - like all his laundry got stolen out of a laundromat.

Old 01-01-2024, 06:45 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,935,039 times
I'm a stickler for correct behavior. Teens, and early 20somethings who think it's cute to go out in public in their PJs is one thing.

But while we were traveling over Christmas, there was an otherwise well-groomed looking man in his 60's in a grocery store, in his pjs. Just, stop it. Stop it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty