Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2023, 10:57 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,641,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble99 View Post
There seems to be trend now it seems of young people wearing pajama pants out in public.

I was at fast food place today and there was these two girls one wearing pink pajama pants and other girl red checkered pajama pants and flip flops.

Anyone notice new trend now it seems of young people wearing pajama pants out in public? Well obviously some cities seem to me more trend than other cities.
I see it all the time here in Montana (Helena, Billings, Great Falls). I see a lot of older folks doing that as well. Very prevalent at Walmart, grocery stores..................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2023, 02:48 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,634,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWorth View Post
Pajama bottoms & flipflops were a “thing” in SoCal 20 years ago, also Ugg boots with shorts.
I thought it was hilarious that my well-to-do retired sister in SoCal often wore those Uggs. They belong in the snowy cold states! But what do I know----lots of women were wearing them. They look bizarre in a warm climate for something supposedly "upscale", lol.

Old 08-27-2023, 03:31 PM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I don't think that anyone is actually wearing what they wore to sleep in as street clothes (at least I hope not.) Most people have "daytime pajamas" or loungewear that ends up being what they might have on when they run into Starbucks to pick up their mobile order.
Well, I do wear some comfy elastic-waisted pants around the house that I might run to a store in. I think it's the fabric that makes the difference. Mine are these crinkly cotton things, but the style might as well be pajamas.

I don't wear my plaid flannel ones out to the store, though. For some reason I see that as different.

In the end, I guess people can wear what they want, and I'm just moving into cranky old-ladyhood. Same as I get a little horrified going to a formal business event and seeing young women, supposedly professionals, at a black-tie do wearing dresses that just cover their butt-cheeks and bare-legged, even though it's winter, and they have these globby blobs of fat hanging on their thighs. And then spike heels, lol.

Yep, I've reached cranky old-ladyhood for sure.

Old 08-27-2023, 07:12 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,962,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1973PINTO View Post
the OP has never been to walmart .
Or in any city were spandex is popular with the 300lbs women with tattoos all over them. Oh and they love to wear a halter top so we can see their stomachs with....well you get the picture. This is our new fashion. The fatter the better in cities everywhere.

Old 08-28-2023, 02:33 AM

1,824 posts, read 796,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
I thought it was hilarious that my well-to-do retired sister in SoCal often wore those Uggs. They belong in the snowy cold states! But what do I know----lots of women were wearing them. They look bizarre in a warm climate for something supposedly "upscale", lol.
I know, right?? The Uggs/shorts thing especially cracked me up, because it was in sunny-every-day San Diego, & often worn by SAHMs from upscale neighborhoods, on their Costco runs or their kids soccer games.

Old 08-28-2023, 07:32 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,362,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
You'd think, but the irony there is that Uggs were invented in SoCal by surfers to wear while hanging out on the beach.

Old 08-28-2023, 09:13 AM

1,230 posts, read 989,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
I see it all the time here in Montana (Helena, Billings, Great Falls). I see a lot of older folks doing that as well. Very prevalent at Walmart, grocery stores..................
When I gone through Buffalo and Niagara the last time I seen people in pajama pants in pubic.

Old 08-30-2023, 03:48 PM

1,063 posts, read 906,196 times
well, we live in a college town, and the new students have just arrived.
Barbie anything. PJ's, t-shirts, yoga outfits.....pink and more pink.
and that is just the guys.

Old 08-30-2023, 05:33 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,413,774 times
If this is a problem, it's being pointed out several years too late.

Old 08-30-2023, 05:58 PM

25,943 posts, read 22,094,372 times
I have seen a lot of it, and not on girls or young women. First weekend of the month, we try to avoid shopping, but when we do go out, that is pretty much what probably 1//3 to 1/2 of the women are wearing. This is the weekend that the government checks get spent. There is a whole look to it here to include uncombed hair, and looking in desperate need of a general cleanup. Otherwise, I have not seen it being done. The worst here with younger to mid-30s women is the "muffin tops" where the butt fat squeezes up above the too tight pans, and frankly, I prefer the look of the pajama bottoms!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty