Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2023, 06:20 PM

10,226 posts, read 7,576,434 times

Advertisements

No way! I'd never fool around with my eyeballs or eyesight, unless medically necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2023, 08:10 PM

6,693 posts, read 5,925,015 times
There's a Kpop band "Twice" (I believe) that has one or two members with startlingly blue eyes. I'm not sure if they're wearing some kind of crazy contact lenses, or actually had surgical procedures done. Or else maybe it's CGI. I hope it's not surgery or "tattoos". No one should ever have a procedure done on their eyes unless it's medically necessary, in my opinion.

Old 09-06-2023, 08:10 AM

19,609 posts, read 12,210,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Well, which is it? Permanent or reversible?

People with body dysmorphia are better off getting to the root of their mental problem. And that goes for everyone with a mental problem, too.
It's supposed to be sort of reversible. There's no guarantee they can get all the color back, you could have areas of light and dark. I imagine it's another 12K to try. lol.

Old 09-06-2023, 12:31 PM

4,510 posts, read 2,656,277 times
Hmm, I want to change my look. I was thinking:

a) New hairstyle
b) Have someone stick a needle in my eyes to try to change their colors, with the attendant risk of blindness.

New hairstyle, or needles in the eyes? Boy, what a tough choice!

Proof that there are some EXCEPTIONALLY STUPID people out there.

Old 09-06-2023, 12:38 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,098,004 times
I looked up Pixie Foxx; what a freak!
And those trout lips are most regrettable.

Old 09-06-2023, 01:04 PM

78,345 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Free will and all that so knock yourself out.

That being said, I did find a government trial where outcomes were good but only 16 people, no long term studies and they seem to have been done on people with existing eye issues like lack of pigment etc.

Obviously for someone with a medical condition that this will help them live a better life I can see more justification than just for cosmetics but again...free will.

But nothing is risk-free.

Old 09-06-2023, 01:14 PM

19,609 posts, read 12,210,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit33 View Post
Hmm, I want to change my look. I was thinking:

a) New hairstyle
b) Have someone stick a needle in my eyes to try to change their colors, with the attendant risk of blindness.

New hairstyle, or needles in the eyes? Boy, what a tough choice!

Proof that there are some EXCEPTIONALLY STUPID people out there.
That is a tough decision isn't it?

But it isn't unexpected because once some kind of trend gets popular it always seems to get pushed to greater extremes. In this case tattooing/ body modification in general. It started with small tattoos, they got bigger and placed anywhere on the body. Eyes are a body part, so why not? All kinds of implants, plastic surgeries, injections, many which make people look weird, not good.

I think if some people could turn themselves into something totally unrelated to what and who they were born as they would. Like have their consciousness put into an animal or a robot or something. Just throw our genetics into the trash.

Old 09-06-2023, 01:30 PM

61,651 posts, read 87,023,434 times
I wonder if it makes any changes in biometrics. You know - eye readers.
I know that biometric iris recognition scanners work by illuminating the iris with invisible infrared light to pick up unique patterns that are not visible to the naked eye. I wonder if this is not altering it somehow, besides of the color.

Old 09-06-2023, 01:37 PM

61,651 posts, read 87,023,434 times
People are bored with themselves. Some don't know where to spend their money. They already have everything, so why not to try every novelty available?
Some maybe think that having unique eye color will make them more attractive (probably yes) and they will get more likes on dating apps. Who knows. Many don't have any real problems in life, so they just look around for whatever could entertain them.
And there are freaks that just make bizarre things to their bodies....

See here:
https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/13-...difications/5/

https://www.pinterest.com/bipia6886/...xtreme-humans/

Old 09-06-2023, 03:47 PM

1,824 posts, read 796,358 times
Geeze, that’s terrifying. I have been extremely myopic since age 8 & phobic about my eyesight. I can’t imagine doing that. I just had cataract surgery & THAT scared me, even though it was a vast improvement for my vision.

Never risk your eyesight for vanity, good lord!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty