Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2023, 07:44 PM

61,740 posts, read 87,172,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
While I decided I will be the Pink Time Force Ranger for Halloween, I decided to order two pink T-shirts featuring another superhero team leader in pink, Powerpuff Girl Blossom.

I was wondering, what fare the thoughts on me wearing pink T-shirts with pink Powerpuff Girl Blossom? She is my favorite Powerpuff Girl after all. Will anyone look at me strangely? I am a guy, but I know there are a lot of male Powerpuff Girls fans.
You can, and you will. Why are you asking us?
Are you planning on trick-or-treating?

Last edited by elnina; 10-26-2023 at 07:56 PM..

Old 10-26-2023, 07:54 PM

61,740 posts, read 87,172,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
And then, instead of the costume being for a party, they go around collecting candy on Halloween. Not with their personal children but on their own hook.
This started to be an annoying "trend". Groups of adults (without kids) going to wealthy neighborhoods (not even their own) and harassing homeowners, demanding threads.

Old 10-27-2023, 01:34 AM

1,702 posts, read 784,260 times
Do whatever you want, especially if it’s for an adult Halloween Party. But don’t go trick or treating like that at night without kids, it could be hazardous to the rest of your existence.

Old 10-27-2023, 11:26 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,048,498 times
Quote:
While I decided I will be the Pink Time Force Ranger for Halloween, I decided to order two pink T-shirts featuring another superhero team leader in pink, Powerpuff Girl Blossom.

I was wondering, what are the thoughts on me wearing pink T-shirts with pink Powerpuff Girl Blossom? She is my favorite Powerpuff Girl after all. Will anyone look at me strangely? I am a guy, but I know there are a lot of male Powerpuff Girls fans.
Yes, people are going to think you are strange. Just how strange depends on whether or not you will be going out to an adult party or if you will be staying at home answering the door to hand out treats to young trick or treaters. In that Powerpuff outfit, one activity is safe for you while the other is not safe for you.

Keep in mind that times are changing, people's attitudes are changing and some are becoming more fearful and less tolerant of people who are behaving or dressing strangely or may seem to be posing a threat to children.

If you're going out to an adult Halloween party where everyone is in costume then your outfit will be innocuous but acceptable since the whole point of adult costume parties is to be looked at to see how creative you have been with your outfit. Your Blossom T-shirt won't be creative and it might seem a bit of a strange choice to people who don't know you well but it won't be seen as a threat to other adult party-goers, so you're good to go.

However, if you're planning to stay home to hand out treats to youngsters at the door then dressing as Blossom (or even as a pink fairy) may easily be perceived by their parents as a local neighbourhood threat towards their children. For your own personal future safety it would be safer for you to wear an adult oriented costume that is traditionally a bit spooky or mysterious and scary. That would be better rather than something that appears to make a declaration about your personal predilections that will have some parents thinking that you are a pedophile trying to impress or gain sympathy with their children.

Think about your own safety.

Old 10-27-2023, 02:45 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,344,065 times
I think there is some misunderstanding here.

The Powerpuff Girls shirts are not for Halloween; that is what my Pink Time Force Ranger costume shirt is for.

The Powerpuff Girls shirts are not costume shirts; they are printed shirts featuring images of Powerpuff Girl Blossom. These are the two shirts (mine are pink):
https://a.co/d/d1BVAGd
https://a.co/d/eGvLjCf

As an update, I recently wore the first shirt at the supermarket and got a compliment from someone for it.

Old 10-27-2023, 04:38 PM

6,872 posts, read 4,873,766 times
It's Halloween. Be what you want to be. Wear what you want. In fact, feel free to do it all 365 days of the year.

Old 10-27-2023, 05:37 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,894,421 times
Doesn't it depend on where you live?

I was walking down the street in a hip neighborhood in Richmond VA today and saw a dude with facial hair in a dress. I did not look twice. I'm woke.

If I had seen the same guy in Fayetteville NC, I would have been surprised but I still wouldn't have looked twice because I'm polite.

Wear your powerpuff tshirt and wear it well!

Old 10-28-2023, 12:40 PM

17,399 posts, read 16,540,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
My main complaint or observation, whatever, is that adults, beginning with us Baby Boomers, coopted what was a holiday for kids.

We have a costume parade for kids here a couple days before Halloween and I've had adults, mostly younger 20/30 year olds, stop me on the street on in the Post Office, a couple even came to my house, to complain that they couldn't enter the costume judging.

And then, instead of the costume being for a party, they go around collecting candy on Halloween. Not with their personal children but on their own hook.
We had moved into a new house, in a new subdivision and had tons of trick or treaters, some of which had come from other neighborhoods.

At any rate, I opened the door to one trick or treater who had come to our house a little on the late side. Something about the "kid" made my skin crawl. I realized that the kid was not a teen but a grown woman in her 30's. It creeped me out.

Old 10-28-2023, 01:12 PM

22,594 posts, read 47,689,519 times
Quote:
I think there is some misunderstanding here.

The Powerpuff Girls shirts are not for Halloween
; that is what my Pink Time Force Ranger costume shirt is for.

The Powerpuff Girls shirts are not costume shirts; they are printed shirts featuring images of Powerpuff Girl Blossom. These are the two shirts (mine are pink):
https://a.co/d/d1BVAGd
https://a.co/d/eGvLjCf

As an update, I recently wore the first shirt at the supermarket and got a compliment from someone for it.

Huge misunderstanding!

The OP is NOT talking about a Halloween costume! He is asking regarding everyday clothing.

Old 10-28-2023, 02:13 PM

44,360 posts, read 20,070,158 times
There's way too much off-topic chatter going on here. Thread closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-28-2023 at 02:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty