Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2023, 07:04 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,556,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
I find that all jeans in recent years have pockets that my hands won't fit into and zippers that
are so short that a guy can't even go pee. So I am forced to just wear my painter white pants that I
wore all my working life. Now I'm retired. I want to dress nice.
The same thing with boxer shorts. They are made for midgets now.

Yeah those short rises are awful, for me, a woman, too. No wonder I like carpenter style. I like painter's pants too, but no longer wear white pants. Too much laundry.

Maybe I should get a pair of white painter's too. I would call a pair of clean white painter's pants on someone as "dressed nice". It's about as dressy as I'm ever likely to get. But the colored denim "carpenter" style I found at Gap will do for "nice" as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2023, 07:33 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,045,192 times
I'm at the age where I am navigating to not look "like a teenager", but also don't want to wear the basic "dad jeans" that make me look all frumpy. It's a struggle.....

Old 11-19-2023, 07:43 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times
I've had a lot of lot with Old Navy online because I can get jeans for both tall and petite there. I also have been lucky at T.J. Maxx and Marshalls.

Old 11-19-2023, 08:04 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,556,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Levis, sadly do not fit me comfortably, though of course I grew up in the 70s when Levis straight leg first were coming into style as The Jean (before the designer jean craze). I begged my mother for a pair of Levis and at 13 finally got a pair at the ArmyNavy surplus. In those days Levis were dark, stiff and hard, like putting on boards lol, you wore them out and faded them with time. I loved those jeans, and when I got my first job at 14 I could buy them myself. When I was 15 I discovered (also at the ArmyNavy) painter's pants and carpenter jeans and they became my 2nd favorite style.

Forgot to mention the brand then was Carters. How I loved them.

My most recent pair of beloved carpenter jeans was Wrangler. I had two pair but one was in my car when my car got stolen in 2022. I got my car back but of course everything in it was gone. These Wranglers have really nice smooth denim, perfect for carpenter jeans. I went looking for a new pair and that was when I discovered that Wrangler has turned those wonderful jeans into 70% cotton 30% polyester!

I will never, ever, wear polyester jeans lol. Jeans are meant to be cotton!

I have the Carhart carpenter jeans on today. They are a very nice fit, but the denim just isn't the same as the Wrangler.

Old 11-19-2023, 09:39 AM

43,059 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Yeah, I have to avoid those tapered legs. Size 10.5 feet don't navigate the bottoms at all!

I am of no help to you. Jeans are soooo hard for me because I need at least a 36" inseam. Right now, the Old Navy wow flare long is filling the bill for me.
Try looking at men's jeans. They still come in waist/inseam sizes.

I wear Levi's slim straight jeans..cotton with 5% spandex.

Old 11-19-2023, 11:20 AM

22,566 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Try looking at men's jeans. They still come in waist/inseam sizes.
I have hips now, so no go with mens. I wore mens when I was a teen/college student.

Old 11-19-2023, 12:15 PM

2,527 posts, read 2,774,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Forgot to mention the brand then was Carters. How I loved them.

My most recent pair of beloved carpenter jeans was Wrangler. I had two pair but one was in my car when my car got stolen in 2022. I got my car back but of course everything in it was gone. These Wranglers have really nice smooth denim, perfect for carpenter jeans. I went looking for a new pair and that was when I discovered that Wrangler has turned those wonderful jeans into 70% cotton 30% polyester!

I will never, ever, wear polyester jeans lol. Jeans are meant to be cotton!

I have the Carhart carpenter jeans on today. They are a very nice fit, but the denim just isn't the same as the Wrangler.
I love Wrangler too. You might try Rustler brand jeans. They're made by Wrangler and are sold in the men's department at Walmart. They're still 100% cotton classic denim. I wear 30x32 and haven't had a problem at all.

I can't wear women's jeans either so I know where you're coming from. As I write this I'm wearing one of my old now-raggedy Wrangler Pro Rodeos. I'll wear them at home until there is nothing left.

Good luck! Finding the right jeans is such a struggle for some of us.

Old 11-19-2023, 03:31 PM

1,063 posts, read 905,556 times
three weeks ago at Kohl's, i found a pair
of Dockers Smart 360 Knit stretch jeans.
they are perfect and cheap since they
were on clearance for $11. i would have
bought them all, but only one was left.
well, i guess i actually did "buy them all".

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-49...-cut-pants.jsp

Old 03-09-2024, 03:54 PM

1,413 posts, read 1,512,757 times
Have you considered checking out some of the men's jeans? After all, didn't women wear men's 501s since forever, before they came out with their women's lines?

Old 03-10-2024, 07:37 AM

3,067 posts, read 2,394,719 times
Go to Ebay! They have lots of older clothing there, much of it like new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty