Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2023, 12:46 PM

10,988 posts, read 6,857,477 times

Advertisements

Ha! That reminds me that many years ago I saw a bellydancer in L.A. who could do that. She was a very good dancer, and not a "cabaret" type (think Las Vegas). She was a cultural, ethnic, gypsy-type dancer. What I and others think of as the real deal/where it all started.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2023, 03:09 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,141,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Ha! That reminds me that many years ago I saw a bellydancer in L.A. who could do that. She was a very good dancer, and not a "cabaret" type (think Las Vegas). She was a cultural, ethnic, gypsy-type dancer. What I and others think of as the real deal/where it all started.
Yeah, my mom knew a stripper who could twirl her tassles. LOL

Old 11-29-2023, 04:00 PM

3,253 posts, read 1,740,815 times
A bra with nipples? This bears further investigation. Pics? (J/K!)

Old 11-30-2023, 12:48 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,832,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I don't think so. Maybe some men are attracted to all of the fakery but many prefer a fresh faced, natural pretty. In fact, some guys seem to think the heavy makeup and distorted proportions are sort of scary.

It comes back to the Ginger vs Maryanne vote, with most guys preferring Maryanne.

We assume that these women are getting all of this done to attract men, but I think that a good many of them are doing it for social media/vlogging/influencing reasons. Anything for views.
Most men prefer a natural pretty.

So what if a woman isnt naturally pretty? then screw them huh?

I keep saying men prefer natural beauty,but we have to remember,natural beauties are very rare.

What is natural BTW? Because,brushing and combing your hair is not natural.

Old 11-30-2023, 05:35 AM

8,751 posts, read 5,044,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Or just designing a comfortable bra for those who have undergone mastectomies.
I doubt it. Women with mastectomies, just want t look normal, and not bring attention to their nipples. Kardashins could care less about the "little" people.

Old 11-30-2023, 06:22 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
I doubt it. Women with mastectomies, just want t look normal, and not bring attention to their nipples. Kardashins could care less about the "little" people.
I'm not saying a bra with nipples for women with mastectomies, just a comfortable bra. My sis had a double last year. She did not have reconstructive surgery nor does she were a bra or implants. Not having to is the only good thing about it. But she says she might want to if she goes out some place nice, etc. I dont think she has worn one yet so IDK if they are comfortable or what.

IDK anything about the Kardashians but my guess would be you are correct.

Old 11-30-2023, 06:35 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
When I was in my 20's, I used to work in an office setting, and I worked with a guy who could never seem to look me in the eye. He was always focused on my boobs. I wasn't the only one to notice. Most of my female friends noticed it too. A couple of times I reminded him where my eyes were, and he would be embarassed.

I used to joke with my female friends that I should just hang Christmas ornaments from them and learn to twirl them like tassles.
We had a guy in the lab that would stare at boobs when talking to you and make comments if your high beams were on. It was more jokingly and friendly banter, but another woman and I made cut out eyes and taped them to our shirts where are nipples were. It was all in fun.
I did however start staring at his crotch area when he was talking to me. Surprisingly this made him uncomfortable and he stopped boob staring.

Old 11-30-2023, 07:34 AM

1,706 posts, read 1,147,358 times
At this point I think her wacky fashion line is only meant to draw attention to her social activism.

It's not like she needs the money now lol......................

Old 11-30-2023, 09:26 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,960,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I guess when you have implants you need something like that to look...cold?

Anything, anything at all for attention. Not too long women were wearing heavily padded bras to avoid that look.
No, you don't. Your nipples actually still work.

Jeez. Where do some of you get your information from??

Old 11-30-2023, 09:28 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,960,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope of Greenwich Village View Post
Don't forget about the fake plastic camel-toe insert they make for women to put in their yoga pants.
What?? That's just gross. I mean - WHY??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty