Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 02:34 PM

117 posts, read 313,770 times

Advertisements

Hello, I'm a teenager with a medium complexion. I've never had pimples, zits or things like that, only a passing bump or two. However, around 2 months ago I noticed some blackheads underneath and to the side of my mouth and on my cheek.

My mother and I have tried lots of things. We tried squeezing them out with our nails, toner, Clean & Clear anti-black head stuff but they're still there! (albeit smaller).

I don't know what to do and I don't want to go over budget in useless facial products.

Got any advice?

(Thanks!)

Last edited by Bakiryu; 06-04-2008 at 03:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 03:11 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Have you tried Clearasil? Its a Daily face wash. Its suppose to remove dirt, oil, and bacteria with conditioners to soften the skin and prevent overdrying.

Old 06-04-2008, 03:26 PM

883 posts, read 3,718,456 times
This sounds bizaare, but a honey mask seems to really help for me. You just apply plain honey to your face and then press & lift your hands off of your face several times. This creates sort of a suction effect that seems to suck the stuff out. Yes, it sounds strange, but it has really worked for me!!

Old 06-04-2008, 03:28 PM

117 posts, read 313,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Have you tried Clearasil? Its a Daily face wash. Its suppose to remove dirt, oil, and bacteria with conditioners to soften the skin and prevent overdrying.
No, I'll try soon! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeygorilla View Post
This sounds bizaare, but a honey mask seems to really help for me. You just apply plain honey to your face and then press & lift your hands off of your face several times. This creates sort of a suction effect that seems to suck the stuff out. Yes, it sounds strange, but it has really worked for me!!
Just honey? Do I add something to it? What brand?

Old 06-04-2008, 03:30 PM

883 posts, read 3,718,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakiryu View Post
Just honey? Do I add something to it? What brand?
Just plain honey, straight out of the bottle. I don't think the brand/type of honey matters. I just use the generic stuff in the honey bear. I hope it works for you!!

Last edited by monkeygorilla; 06-04-2008 at 03:31 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 06-04-2008, 08:46 PM

7,913 posts, read 932,573 times
i just use a face mask that you put on till it drys then wash off and that works for me.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:22 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Try a soap with like dial or irish spring.I had a friend that had that problem and it cleans out the pores the skin doctor told him. Some peope can use that type of soap and itch if they have dry shin.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:20 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,042,133 times
cetaphil lotion (it's called lotion but it's a cleanser) works really well. My dermatologist recommended it to me years ago when my face started breaking out. I also had some oily patches with blackheads around my nose. I have great skin now. I just wash with cetaphil twice a day - when i wake up and right before bed - and I drink tons of water (i try to drink a gallon a day)... I don't use lotions, makeup, or anything else on my face. Once i tried this expensive face lotion with sunscreen, because the lady behind the counter convinced me that everybody needs to wear sunscreen on their face... and I totally broke out and the old problems came back. I just try to stay out of the sun, and wear a hat and sunglasses whenever possible. My skin looks amazing. Cetaphil is easy to take camping or to travel with, too... You just rub the cetaphil into your skin, then wash off with warm water and pat your face dry with a soft clean cloth. You can use a wipe or damp washcloth to gently wipe it off if you're not near a sink (camping ).

Also - this is kinda gross - but you can put regular white craft glue over the blackhead(s), let it dry completely (until it's totally clear), then peel off the glue and the blackheads come out with it! Just like those expensive pads you can buy... but less painful and somehow more fun... if you're into that kinda stuff. I do this to a certain guy I know who gets blackheads on his back.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:26 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,730,791 times
Also try biore strips. They work wonders for my nose.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:33 PM

973 posts, read 3,303,836 times
I don't have much luck with the usual blemish creams and gels because they dry my skin out too much and the zits are usually still there.

I started using Tea Tree Oil (from the health food store) and it seems to help a lot. Although it is an oil, it is very light and will not clog your pores or cause acne. TTO is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. Since acne problems are often brought on by bacteria in a clogged pore, TTO will kill the bacteria, often alleviating the blemish quickly or keep it from getting bigger.

Use a cotton swab or your finger to dab a tiny amount to the affected area. I will sometimes prick the blemish with a disinfected needle before applying the TTO to speed up the process.

I also use mine as a preventative and swap the problem areas nightly with a small amount. It has done a good job of preventing any serious flare-ups since I started using it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty