Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 10:23 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,460,859 times

Advertisements

Wow - I must be a dinosaur but I love pantyhose! They make my legs look sexier and more toned. The trick is to buy the right size and type - I love control top - sucks your gut right in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 11:12 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,561,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo Riley View Post
WIsh you were right on that, but most definitely *not* appropriate to wear a suit without hose- at least not in any of the professions (law, banking, etc). You would be a fool to show up hoseless at a job interview or to court, or to a client meeting!

Not true according to What Not To Wear.

And I have worked in a law office and a bank and was never pressured to wear hose. That is such an out of date 'rule'. It all depends on how you put things together and what your legs look like. I find it difficult to believe that if you are wearing a nice suit w/some slingbacks and no hose, anyone would think the worse of you. However, if you WANT to wear stockings, the silk ones look much classier.

Old 06-11-2008, 12:19 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,334,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo Riley View Post
WIsh you were right on that, but most definitely *not* appropriate to wear a suit without hose- at least not in any of the professions (law, banking, etc). You would be a fool to show up hoseless at a job interview or to court, or to a client meeting!
Maybe it depends on where you live but when I see someone here in Florida wearing hose, I think they look a little out of place. Its more casual here, people are more often tanned. I think a woman looks fabulous with nice tanned and toned legs in heels with her toenails painted whether she is wearing a suit jacket and a skirt or a bathing suit.

Old 06-11-2008, 12:33 PM

719 posts, read 2,609,161 times
Thigh high fish net hose drive me crazy...

Old 06-11-2008, 12:48 PM

260 posts, read 942,812 times
Talking I'm with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenchili View Post
They are dead in my book. I HATE them. Whoever invented them
was a sadistic person. IF,and I mean if I need to wear something,
I wear knee high. But then I dont wear my skirts short so I can get
away with that. Most times, I just go bare legged. Except in winter
but thats when I wear said knee highs, and thick ones at that. Pantyhose
are just plain icky all around to me. JMHO

Greenchili
Yep...I wholeheartedly agree with you...and plus...you made me crack up "invented by a sadistic person"...LMAO
I can't stand pantyhose...haven't word them since like 1999.....except for knee highs...thats about it....I hate the feeling of it...and the rolling up...heck no!

Old 06-11-2008, 01:14 PM

77 posts, read 282,494 times
What I hate most about pantyhose is getting a run in them. Nothing looks worse than a run in your hose.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:02 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,460,859 times
Or any of you women who dont wear pantyhose over 50? I bet you are young - wait till you get older -- no matter how great they look now and no matter how much you exercise your legs will look not as good

Old 06-11-2008, 08:02 PM

47 posts, read 144,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenavada View Post
Not true according to What Not To Wear.

And I have worked in a law office and a bank and was never pressured to wear hose. That is such an out of date 'rule'. It all depends on how you put things together and what your legs look like. I find it difficult to believe that if you are wearing a nice suit w/some slingbacks and no hose, anyone would think the worse of you. However, if you WANT to wear stockings, the silk ones look much classier.
It is official: pantyhose are OUT!

The only thing that I think of when I see someone in pantyhose is that they are incredibly outdated. I can't even get past it enough to take in the rest of the outfit...that's pathetic on my part, I know!

Also - I hope this hasn't already been brought up on this thread, but what's up with the Hooters girls still wearing hose? Hose are SO FAR out of style, even with skirts and heels and suits, and yet these girls think that they can pull it off with tennis shoes and shorts??? WHAT??? Since when does having fake breasts allow you to have horrible fashion? (just kidding, Hooters employees...you girls are great)

Seriously though, I only know ONE person that wears pantyhose: my 89-year old great grandmother...and ONLY when she goes to church.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:50 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,117,719 times
sheesh, some of you guys are harsh critics. Maybe it's just me but honestly I don't notice,judge nor care if someone has on hosiery. And to say hose are outdated,officially dead,etc.....well you can say that is your opinion but the reality is---that is just your opinion. There are a lot more important things to deal with and worry about.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:04 PM

1,895 posts, read 5,879,956 times
I have never understand the concept of wearing a flesh-colored garment to cover up... flesh. ??? I don't believe in pantyhose- I don't think they actually serve any purpose (do they..anyone?) and are very uncomfortable- hot and itchy. I haven't bought any in years, and most likely will never again. Even for a job interview (gasp!).

This also applies to knee-highs, thigh-highs, and basically all of those kind of hosey-things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty