U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:30 AM

38,727 posts, read 47,617,320 times

Advertisements

I tried wearing them at the last 2 weddings I attended, but wound up taking them off in the ladies room. They were either too hot, or my feet were sliding around in my sandals.

I too, remember when stocking were mandatory in office wear. Now, my husbands 80 year old aunt still wears them everyday, but otherwise, no one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:06 AM

11,224 posts, read 13,951,932 times
I do think they make shoes/heels/boots more comfortable. I at least have something on, a footie or whatever. Nylon socks

Old Yesterday, 09:46 AM

2,801 posts, read 652,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLisa83 View Post
I still wear them and have no prob! Very Weird that you gals don't like them. What's the problem?!?

Bare legs or "spray on pantyhose" has taken over IMO....

Pantyhose used to be for making legs look tan or hiding imperfections.......but now skin is in & being more natural.....more of us exercise to tone our legs & don't want to hide them. A N D some of us even have small tattoos by our ankles or on thighs we don't want hidden from pantyhose too..........so the decision to still wear pantyhose is personal......but it's not like you can wear them with open toe shoes.....or backless dresses......or formals anyways...........

Old Yesterday, 11:19 AM

23,221 posts, read 25,124,898 times
I think people are conflating tights with pantyhose in this thread. I'll wear black (or grey or any color) tights with a dress in the winter all the live-long day, but sheer "nude" pantyhose? No thank you please.

Old Yesterday, 11:35 AM

11,167 posts, read 5,909,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy888 View Post
It's true. Everyone these days is focussed on themselves and assume their beliefs or opinions are universal.

While one may hate PH, there are many girls and women who love them:

https://www.instagram.com/candys0319/
https://www.instagram.com/erikasnylon/
https://www.instagram.com/konglishfashion/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFE...4roaAFw/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCt...gD3i5RoSv8Jy2g
and many, many many more
Those are pretty much fetishists.

Old Yesterday, 11:36 AM

11,167 posts, read 5,909,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLisa83 View Post
I still wear them and have no prob! Very Weird that you gals don't like them. What's the problem?!?
The problem is that they're uncomfortable. If they work for you, that's great. But I much prefer going without.

Old Today, 11:01 AM

411 posts, read 146,829 times
I can't pass up a good thread on pantyhose. Yes, I always wear pantyhose to certain events winter AND summer when I'm wearing a skirt, suit or dress--job interviews, business meetings, funerals, church services, and other serious events. I tend to wear dark hose with dark suits and skirts but I don't like the current fad of wearing black hose with light colored outfits. It just looks "off" to me. And personally I feel nude legs are much more attractive.

I won't wear pantyhose in the summer if it's a fairly casual event or outdoors. I wouldn't wear them to a summer wedding that's held outdoors.

I especially feel job interviews and business meetings require a certain level of professional dress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty