Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 07:05 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,038,844 times

Advertisements

Okay, let's kick this up a notch...let's imagine that money is an issue.

In order to afford any such items on your list, would consider going out of the country to have it done?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 09:52 PM

122 posts, read 512,845 times
If money were an object...well that scratches my entire list!

If money were an object, which it currently is, I will put off getting my hair cut and brows waxed (which I am putting off), I will stand in Wal-Mart for 40 minutes trying to find the cheapest moisturizer (which I did today), and I will continue praying I will actually stick to my diet this time (which I will do in about 20 minutes).

Ha ha, I am being a little melodramatic, but that is all pretty much true. I feel guilty spending money on beauty products, but Lord knows I love 'em! I really need a haircut, and I just don't trust Fantastic Sams, so it's $40 cuts for me. Bummer.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:35 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,901 times
If money were an object...

Well that changes the whole subject. I wouldn't do any of my former mentioned things. As to the haircuts - I have a hairdresser (a friend of my family) come over every 6-7 weeks anyway so I get my hair cut and colored as I please altho she's not a hair artist of the famous

Manicure and pedicure are done by myself then.

No operations in any way b/c with the money I have I will do other things than pimp my body. For me it's more important to have smaller vacation trips as long as DS is to small for bigger adventures. I love to buy clothes, shoes and accessories so I will spend my money for that and for the house and for our well being as well as for the movies, restaurants, etc.

I'm quite content and can live with my body and would need much more money to consider operations in any way

Old 07-22-2008, 12:40 AM

1,117 posts, read 2,038,844 times
LOL Boy do we know how to scale down when we have to, huh?

I still have toenail polish (just a bit left on the tips from the growth) from April. I SO need to find ways to pamper myself more. that's my first plan.

The rest...well...I am still figuring that part out.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:07 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times
Ok..well if money IS an issue...Its just going to take me longer to get all this done!
LOL

The EDIT:

What salon would you go to?:
-I would like to take a exoctic island detox/spa retreat just by myself and a hired body guard.
^^^^still doing that someday. Without the bodyguard but with my guy. I always wanted to do that as a vacation.

What plastic surgeon (if applicable) would you go to? What would you have done?:
- Reduction
^^^ when I get health insurance I can get approval. If not this is one of the first things I will have done within 5 years.
- Laser Hair Removal
^^^^maybe just on my pits instead of everywhere because its not a 100% thing
- Chemical Peel
^^^^^I am going to get these done in my 40's+ no matter what. I love the way a older freshly peeled face looks. It makes any wrinkles that stay look fresh and pretty. I know that sounds strange...But if you have seen the make-over shows..You know what I am talking about.
- Upper lip injections
^^^for now my lip plumper works well enough. I will get these when my upper lip thins more with age perhaps. Just minimalistic though. Nothing insane. Just for balance as my lower lip is really large.

What lifestyle changes would you make?
- Order way too much stuff on the internet.(clothing/make-up/etc) just to try it on/out.
^^^^One time splurges as rewards for paying off debt and holidays will be my only fun time.

- Have multiple closets packed with stuff from neiman marcus
^^^^one closet. All classic pieces from NM

- Have a personal assistant/chef
^^^^Tell boyfriend to cook this and buy my tampons as usual...LOL

- Have lap pool/sauna/hot tub (add to workout)
^^^I really want to put these in my house when I buy it. If I could only get one I would get the hot tub and look into the sauna shower stalls they make. I saw that on a home improvement show and it was amazing. Expensive..But very neat.

- House with own little salon/spa set up so stylists can come to me (hee hee)
^^^^ I plan on going to school for cutting hair...so perhaps I will have something like this in my home anyway.

Dental work?
- Well I have been putting off the |wisdom|teeth| ~ooch~ <<<(have to do it...grrr)

Weighloss?
- I have a hard time picking a square number with this one as I grew (after 21) a couple inches since I went from thin to fat so I dont really have a good frame of reference other than that stupid BMI chart....Now a medium and heavier than I was as a medium in the past. So....I am thinking at least 10 pounds + working out to tuck it all in. I do know there are certain weights where I am more proportionate. I want to get to that weight. Right now I am in the middle of that and the chunky proportionate weight.
My knees are horrid otherwise I would just pick the chunky one. But nope..
Body wont let me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty