Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 08:19 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,858,590 times

Advertisements

I'm reading all these posts and it seems like everyone prefers to be shaved. Like women think body hair on men is unattractive and prefers them shaved, which is rediculous, an appearance that makes a guy look like a little boy. And the men, it seems like most prefer women to be shaved down there!

Now me, I see nothing wrong with women have hair down there. But a lot of women prefer shaved men, why? I'm a guy and I would never change my physical appearance for anyone, especially women?

Things really changed, didn't it? Do most men with body hair shave just for women. Is there any women who finds body hair attractive at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 09:13 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,847,915 times
Well, no one wants that stuff stuck in their teeth... not to mention that, at least trimming up if not shaving entirely, keeps your bits and pieces from sweating (and smelling) so much.

Old 07-18-2008, 09:42 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,817,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wclac View Post
I'm reading all these posts and it seems like everyone prefers to be shaved. Like women think body hair on men is unattractive and prefers them shaved, which is rediculous, an appearance that makes a guy look like a little boy. And the men, it seems like most prefer women to be shaved down there!

Now me, I see nothing wrong with women have hair down there. But a lot of women prefer shaved men, why? I'm a guy and I would never change my physical appearance for anyone, especially women?

Things really changed, didn't it? Do most men with body hair shave just for women. Is there any women who finds body hair attractive at all?
It all comes down to personal preference. I prefer smooth skin over coarse hair when it comes to my boyfriend's chest and face and I'm lucky enough that he doesn't have sandpaper stubble.

As for myself, I really don't like the way hair feels. Hair can be tugged on by fabric or just make skin itch ridiculously. It also can hold on to dead skin cells and make your skin look dull or unhealthy. I shave my whole body - arms, legs, torso - because it feels good and looks good to me.

Old 07-18-2008, 09:48 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,868,868 times
Quote:
Is there any women who finds body hair attractive at all?
Sure. I do.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:07 PM

122 posts, read 511,772 times
Prior to meeting my husband, I hated chest hair on a man! My high school boyfriend was a basketball player and pretty built so he shaved his chest and legs. Once I fell for my husband, I also fell for his chest hair I like the amount he has, but too much is a turn off. If he shaved down there I would be so grossed out! I am sorry, that is just a turn off to me for a man to have little or no hair where a man should surely have hair! I also like his 5 o'clock shadow Pretty sexy. Then again, he is just pretty sexy! lol

Old 07-18-2008, 10:20 PM

So, even if he had body hair, you would try to pressure him to shave it off? I sure hope girls on the West Coast aren't stuck up on appearance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
It all comes down to personal preference. I prefer smooth skin over coarse hair when it comes to my boyfriend's chest and face and I'm lucky enough that he doesn't have sandpaper stubble.

As for myself, I really don't like the way hair feels. Hair can be tugged on by fabric or just make skin itch ridiculously. It also can hold on to dead skin cells and make your skin look dull or unhealthy. I shave my whole body - arms, legs, torso - because it feels good and looks good to me.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:23 PM

15,853 posts, read 35,030,160 times
Quote:

I think body hair on men is terrific. I am not attracted to the "little boy" look at all. I want my man to look like a full-grown man!

My dh has a big old moustache and plenty of body hair! I admit sometimes you get a mouthfull at the "wrong times" lol. In the winter it is especially great because it is like snuggling up to a teddy bear (although sometimes it does tickle and drive me crazy).

I give a big thumbs up to body hair on men. As for women, I prefer the "natural" look myself and try to keep shaving to a minimum. I certainly would not consider shaving my private parts as I think it makes women look like little girls! I often wish I had red pubic hair because I think it looks so sexy!

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-18-2008, 10:29 PM

More power to ya. Now I'm a young man and I personally think if women havehair down there, I think that's very attractive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I think body hair on men is terrific. I am not attracted to the "little boy" look at all. I want my man to look like a full-grown man!

My dh has a big old moustache and plenty of body hair! I admit sometimes you get a mouthfull at the "wrong times" lol. In the winter it is especially great because it is like snuggling up to a teddy bear (although sometimes it does tickle and drive me crazy).

I give a big thumbs up to body hair on men. As for women, I prefer the "natural" look myself and try to keep shaving to a minimum. I certainly would not consider shaving my private parts as I think it makes women look like little girls! I often wish I had red pubic hair because I think it looks so sexy!

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-19-2008, 12:42 AM

874 posts, read 3,673,276 times
I agree about personal appearance. If he's too hairy and thats not your thing..then run! If he's too bare..and you feel like that you are rubbing on Kojak..then meet scary hairy man at the border!! It just depends on you..you should not have to change that appearance just to be in a relationship..hell no!!

I personally like em bare or in the middle..i be dam if I have to take out a curling iron and give my man a flip before we go out on a date..Rule #1- YOU CANNOT AND I REPEAT..YOU CANNOT BE HAIRIER THAN ME!!

Old 07-19-2008, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishP7 View Post
YOU CANNOT AND I REPEAT..YOU CANNOT BE HAIRIER THAN ME!!
That sounds kinda scary, don't you think? A man cannot be hairier than a woman?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty