Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you find fat or thin women more attractive
I like Big Butts and I cannot lie! 26 15.29%
I like slender willow girls 32 18.82%
Athletes can't be beat! 60 35.29%
Im into the 50's soft chunkie delight (volup) 20 11.76%
Girls have cooties 7 4.12%
I like em ALL! 25 14.71%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 01:37 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post

As a woman I find athletic fit women, and medium thick/slim thick women sexy as h*ll. I don't find plus size, or super thin women attractive at all. I also tend to like wider hips and booty, and don't think the slim body but big boobs and no a$$ looks proportionate so I don't find that look attractive as well. But I notice a lot of the white women I know, seem to like that look, while they view my body and my butt as unfavorable.
It does look disproportionate, but that's what I've got to work with. I would rather have sporty little B-cups and a nice bubble butt, but that's just not how my genes played out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 01:55 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
We are not talking about "features" (as in the individual things like eyes, skin color, hair, lip shape, waist size, breast size, etc. that make up a person), we are talking "FAT" or "THIN". Simple.

As have been said before, and as is leading in the poll THIN is more attractive but FIT/ATHLETIC is the MOST attractive.
Totally disagree. For example you may find body type X attractive. But some person who doesn't meet that comes around and has some sort of *it* that makes them attractive. And it is the polar opposite of your preferred type. For some people the whole package ends up working. For example, I generally don't find skinny men attractive. But sometimes some super skinny guy seems really attractive for some reason. Even though they are really skinny. It is part of their aura. And it can happen at any size.

Old 09-11-2015, 02:45 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Where does someone like Kim Kardashian (pre baby) fit in? She's not fat. She's not thin. She's not athletic. Oh, she is the REAL definition of "CURVY". Curvy with tiny small waist/stomach nice real boobs (not to mention that she has a beautiful face/skin/hair) so I guess she would be categorized as "CURVY" right?
yes, she is one of the few who really can claim the curvy status. Most women who say they are curvy are fat. Curvy just sounds better.

Old 09-11-2015, 03:05 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Totally disagree. For example you may find body type X attractive. But some person who doesn't meet that comes around and has some sort of *it* that makes them attractive. And it is the polar opposite of your preferred type. For some people the whole package ends up working. For example, I generally don't find skinny men attractive. But sometimes some super skinny guy seems really attractive for some reason. Even though they are really skinny. It is part of their aura. And it can happen at any size.
I 100% agree with you, Jade. Some people transcend their looks/body, whatever. Their personality, sound of their voice, their smile, or simply that "je ne c'est quoi." I have been attracted to skinny, nerdy men who at first glance wouldn't think attractive. But something about them drew me to them. Sometimes it just cannot be defined. It just isn't always so cut and dried.

Old 09-11-2015, 04:35 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Attractiveness isn't "binary." Just having features XYZ doesn't automatically make you attractive. It is all how the package comes together.
Quote:
We are not talking about "features" (as in the individual things like eyes, skin color, hair, lip shape, waist size, breast size, etc. that make up a person), we are talking "FAT" or "THIN". Simple.

As have been said before, and as is leading in the poll THIN is more attractive but FIT/ATHLETIC is the MOST attractive.
Quote:
For what it's worth, there's a lot to what both of you are saying. KG makes a valid point: to some features won't matter if someone is too fat/thin/short/etc for their preference. For example, a lot of guys who like big boobs say having big boobs doesn't count if she's fat.

At the same time, I agree with you too, Jade. Some women may not have the prettiest face, hottest body, nicest rear end, etc... but the whole package is tied together nicely. Throw in the right personality and this can be the icing on the cake.

It all comes down to individual preference. Which is in essence what this thread is about. The thing is, if she exists there is someone out there who will find her attractive. As for the individual, if you have a woman you find attractive it's a win. It shouldn't matter if nobody else agrees with you.

Old 09-11-2015, 06:57 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
It does look disproportionate, but that's what I've got to work with. I would rather have sporty little B-cups and a nice bubble butt, but that's just not how my genes played out.
I wasn't trying to offend anyone. Just gave my opinion. I know plenty of men and women that prefer your body type.

Old 09-11-2015, 08:24 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
I wasn't trying to offend anyone. Just gave my opinion. I know plenty of men and women that prefer your body type.
Oh no, I didn't take it offensively

Old 09-11-2015, 08:25 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
There are more body types than fat and thin. Same goes to men as well.

Fat people are easier to model mathematically though:

X=r*cos(T) Y=r*sin(T). The end .

Old 09-12-2015, 06:51 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
There are more body types than fat and thin. Same goes to men as well.

Fat people are easier to model mathematically though:

X=r*cos(T) Y=r*sin(T). The end .
Way to go and take the fun out of it, Adi!

Old 09-12-2015, 12:26 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,368,091 times
When I think of an "attractive" woman, I think it has more to do with a sense of style and a personality (charisma?) than really the build of the person. Mind you, I'm a straight female, so take that for what it's worth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty