Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2008, 12:15 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,643,687 times

Advertisements

Back in July, I had my hair highlighted and colored at an expensive salon and loved the result. So when the roots were showing, went to a different salon for a root-touch up and haircut. Again, was really pleased. problem is, my hair grows pretty quick. I can't afford to go for the root touch up between the haircut times. So, I broke down and decided to try the clairol nice and easy root touch up! had a $2 off coupon, so it only cost $5 bucks!!! what a great product. matched the salon color great. was able to extend my next haircut/salon visit by 3 1/2 weeks. You should check it out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 12:20 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,272,380 times
Thanks! I've been considering trying one of those products due to the same problem, but wasn't sure if it would match. Also, does it interfere at all with the professional recoloring when you do go to the salon again???

Old 10-24-2008, 01:47 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,643,687 times
I don't know, I am going to the salon on nov 12th. will get back after that to let you know. but right now, you would think I already went to the salon. it matches that well. check out the clairol website they have good info there about how it matches etc.

Old 10-25-2008, 12:48 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,431,487 times
Wow......you are really lucky then.
I've tried that product for the same reason, but....my roots/ hair turned orange.
Went to my stylist for a color correction for the highlights, and asked her on what the heck happen.
She told me, that in order for my hair to actually turn blond, she needs to use bleach.
And, that the formulas at the store are weaker in concentration (for safety reasons) then me and my hair would need in order to lift my red pigments out.
OK...so....I ran around like a carrot for a day or two, but learned my lesson.
Lucky you !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty