Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what age should women stop shopping in juniors?
20s 63 24.51%
30s 49 19.07%
40s 12 4.67%
50s or older 10 3.89%
Never! 123 47.86%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 01:51 PM

861 posts, read 1,123,864 times

Advertisements

There are plenty of size 0's in misses you guys must be shopping at the wrongs stores....there are never any size 8!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 03:08 PM

4,731 posts, read 9,943,043 times
Assuming that there is a misses section and that misses/juniors aren't confused for the same thing

Old 08-11-2011, 03:29 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,708,086 times
Different stores carry different stock depending on the buyer. I also have trouble finding anything under a 6 in my local stores. There is usually a slew of sizes 8-12 and 1 size of each beyond (up or down) Besides the cut is still different generally. Because I have a shape I have to go up a couple sizes usually in jr's shopping as its cut for smaller hips and chest. Most women's cuts swim on my frame and the bust is too low, and the body too long/shoulders too big.

Old 08-11-2011, 04:01 PM

I find it difficult to find any off-the-rack clothes that fit properly -- whether juniors, misses, ladies or women's (or boys/mens for that matter!). Size is only part of the equation, fit is still a major issue.

I think the main issue in this thread is more about wearing "age appropriate" clothes, not really what size they are or what department you're shopping in. I've found plenty of clothing in the juniors section that is appropriate enough even for my geezer-self... it's just not the hot, new trendy crap.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:01 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,927,603 times
why should you stop if you can find items that are stylish and fit your body type. I am 47 and find a lot of items in jrs that look appropriate and stylish on me.

BTW 40 is the new 20 and older women do not look or dress like ole grannies anymore.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:31 AM

1,431 posts, read 2,479,708 times
Threads like this remind me how thankful I should be that my shopping needs transitioned simply from boys-->men when I was 14.

From the perspective of my all too frequent shopping trips, I understand the problem. Some of you retain your teenage/college bodies into your 30' or later (much to the envy of others, I imagine). The problem is that many of the garments cut for that body type reflect the tastes for that age. It's problematic to go around as a late 20-something or 30-something with "Luscious" embroidered with faux-rhinestones on your ass.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelorn View Post
Threads like this remind me how thankful I should be that my shopping needs transitioned simply from boys-->men when I was 14.

From the perspective of my all too frequent shopping trips, I understand the problem. Some of you retain your teenage/college bodies into your 30' or later (much to the envy of others, I imagine). The problem is that many of the garments cut for that body type reflect the tastes for that age. It's problematic to go around as a late 20-something or 30-something with "Luscious" embroidered with faux-rhinestones on your ass.
I'd say it's problematic that we somehow think it's perfectly acceptable for a teenaged girl to be advertising her ass though

Old 08-12-2011, 12:40 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysky View Post
What do you think?
How old is too old too shop in the juniors department at department stores (i.e. Macy's) or a juniors type stores (i.e. Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, Aeropostale)
Or do you think there no cut off age as long as it fits/looks good?

I'm in my mid 20s and I sometimes think juniors type clothes are too "teenager" looking, but feel misses are too old looking for me.
Also, I worked in the juniors department at Macy's in college and saw women in their 40s trying on and buying things, but never really any older than that.
I'm sure it's been said in all of these pages so I'm sure I'm echoing...

Some of us have to shop in the juniors section due to size. Not all junior clothes look like teeny bopper clothing, it's in the selection...your selection. I don't think there should be an age limit, I think, just as with any type of clothing, make sure the clothes fit properly, (nothing hanging out, spilling over, get shoes that fit stop trying to fool everyone about your size), look good and look presentable for your age, (sorry, don't want to see a 50 year old Grandma with "Juicy" written on her butt).

Old 08-12-2011, 12:43 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
That is what I meant, I honestly don't think any women need to wear shirts that say "Juicy" on the front. JMO. No matter what their age is.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:13 AM

2,028 posts, read 3,345,213 times
I agree with those who said "Never," or until she no longer likes the styles, or how they fit her and make her feel.

I'm in my 50's, and still find tops i like in the Junior departments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty