Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 07:34 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,395,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Actually I don't wear colognes anymore, I just use a good soap and shower every day.
I glad you do some people just try to cover up their funk with cologne. But you can never go wrong with soap
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 07:34 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Some of my favorites:

Gio
Kenneth Cole Black
Pasha - Cartier
I like these, too. Maybe some of the rest as well, but just can't remember what they smell like.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:36 AM

603 posts, read 2,359,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Hmmm... I tried one recently called Eau De B.O. but it didn't work very well..

Actually I don't wear colognes anymore, I just use a good soap and shower every day.
Perfect! I personally don't care for cologne. All a man needs is a shower with good soap, a clean shave, and a powerful anti-perspirant.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Littledog View Post
Perfect! I personally don't care for cologne. All a man needs is a shower with good soap, a clean shave, and a powerful anti-perspirant.
That's what a man thinks!

Old 08-29-2008, 08:09 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,950,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Colognes work with your individual body chemistry and the scents don't smell the same on everybody. When you're you in the mall try a few on your own skin and see if they're appropriate for you.
Great point, Sierra, I had heard this, too. To go further, I heard a man's chemistry changes with the seasons. So, when I was younger I would change colognes based on the season.

Right now, all I wear is Obsession for Men.

Used to use that in spring/summer and Grey Flannel in the fall/winter.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:16 AM

174 posts, read 626,612 times
I am a man and I am addicted to cologne...my favorites are:

KC Black
Beyond Paradise
Burberry Brit
L'eau Par Kenzo
CK Man
Zino Goodlife
Dolce Light Blue

Old 08-29-2008, 08:22 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times
[quote=yankeegirl313;5040955]Pleasures- Lauder

Yup, that's the one I have on right now!

Old 08-29-2008, 08:49 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
I used to use Calvin - just "Calvin" - years ago. It came in a tall black bottle. I got a lot of compliments on it.

Then they stopped making it. I stopped wearing cologne for a while.

Fast-forward many years. I'm divorced, I'm available, and I don't know what showers or antiperspirant are. I go looking for the Black Calvin.

It turns out that the quest for the Holy Grail was a weekend at the Hilton compared to this one...

Nothing. Nowhere. I searched in NYC, in Philly, wherever I went. After a short while, people that knew me started avoiding me - they knew what the topic of conversation was. My cat ran away. I spent untold hours online in hundreds of cologne sites. Not even on eBay! OK, there WAS one - a trial-size - for $25.00. And $8.99 S&H.

"Bite me", said I.

So there I was, wandering dejectedly around the local mall...somehow, and I don't remember exactly how, I ended up in a department store called Kaufmann's. I had been there many years before - I think I bought my last pair of underwear there.

As I wandered through this vast cathedral of economy-stimulating doo-dads, I was approached by a drop-dead gorgeous woman with a smile on her face and angels flying around her head.

"May I spray you?" a voice directly from Seventh Heaven surrounded me and oozed into my soul.

"Uh....ummmm...errrrr....huh.....um.....heh" I replied, ever the wit. As I nodded my head, I noticed my ears were ringing and I was developing tunnel vision - all that existed at that moment was a fantastic mane of straw-spun golden hair and a slight sensation of coolness on my wrist.

The next thing I knew, this vision of loveliness, who had heretofore been as mannered and pleasant as a Dominican nun, turned into Olga The She-Wolf. She leaped upon me right there among the display cases for Rolex watches and Mikimoto pearl necklaces, her little basket of one-shot sprayers flying down the aisle as she devoured me, growling and biting and snarling all the while.

After several minutes of this treatment, and not a few turned heads from curious passerby, I managed to regain my feet and inquire of my exhausted lady friend what exactly it was she had so daintily sprayed upon my manly wrist.

"C...Cal...Calvin...Klein...." she gasped, her chest heaving with the effort. "WHICH Calvin?" I demanded sharply, for I saw several other equally gorgeous perfume salesladies closing in on me, the look in their collective eyes undeniably one of raw, unadulterated lust.

"C....K..........In2U...." she managed to sigh out, just before she collapsed in a dead faint. The massed Petitioners of Perfume all inhaled sharply and jumped back at the mention of this name; evidently, there was some mystical power within this compound that was as unknown to the local male population as it was known, infamously, to the female.

As I slowly turned around, keeping the ravenous and drooling gang at bay with my knowledge of martial art hand gestures, I had a sudden strike of intuitive knowledge - I knew I had come to the end of my quest - that Neptune, in all of his infinite wisdom, had brought me to this place, at this time, to be knighted with the knowledge of the ages - the Secret of Scented Seduction.

I figured "what the hell" and sprang for a bottle.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I ended up in a department store called Kaufmann's. I had been there many years before - I think I bought my last pair of underwear there.
THAT doesn't smell good...

Old 08-29-2008, 08:57 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
I usually don't like it when men wear cologne. Even scented antiperspirants bother me, unless it's very subtle.

But there is some magical scent I noticed most often in Europe, but could never track it down. One of my young boy co-workers wore something that had a whiff of that note, but at the time, I didn't know him well enough to ask. (sexual harassment fears, you know)

So, no I don't know what it is, but if I smell it again, maybe I'll ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty