Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2009, 06:46 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,520,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
You can still see it, it looks like dandruff.

that would have to be some really large *flakes*.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 07:15 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,791,000 times
Maybe he/she could start a "snow dome" business w/all the imaginary flakes :P

Old 08-10-2009, 07:26 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,021,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
That's an asinine blanket statement to make. I had a sports injury that resulted in multiple compound fractures to one of my ankles and it never really healed up properly. If I put on heels my ankle immediately swells to twice it's size and becomes very painful. I have to wear shoes with good support but I have to remain flat on my feet. So no, just because you know some 70 year old who can wear heels does not automatically mean that all women can.

I think heels are terribly uncomfortable anyway and nonfunctional.

As far as the flip-flop issue, I do own a pair but I only wear them when I take out the trash. But this is Michigan where it's only flip-flop weather a couple of months a year.
And as a result of the two bolded statements you choose not to wear heels. But you could. You'd just be in a lot of pain. But you CAN WEAR THEM. The only person who cannot wear heels are those whose entire foot is broken and/or cannot properly support their body, or if you have no feet.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:29 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
that would have to be some really large *flakes*.
They would have had to scrub their feet in order for the flakes to be visible and look like dandruff. Otherwise it looks just like the dead skin from every other part of your body (which most people can't see)

Old 08-11-2009, 07:33 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
And as a result of the two bolded statements you choose not to wear heels. But you could. You'd just be in a lot of pain. But you CAN WEAR THEM. The only person who cannot wear heels are those whose entire foot is broken and/or cannot properly support their body, or if you have no feet.
Kind of like how one chooses not to cut themselves with razors because it's painful? Come on! You're just splitting hairs now.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:50 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,744,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
You can still see it, it looks like dandruff.

I think someone was pulling your leg.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:07 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,083,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
Uh, no. If my ankle and feet swell and become so painful to the point that I can't walk then NO I CAN'T WEAR HEELS.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:28 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,720,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
I have never seen a group so INTOLERENT of people.....who cares
If some of you are so obsessed over flip-flop wearers I can only imagine the anger issues you must deal with.
For me in most cases its nothing personal with the person wearing them, I just don't like the "shoes". For the most part I've learned to get over it and move on and I try to ignore when someone wears flip flops. Unless someone is wearing them in the library while I'm trying to study and they keep getting up and walking around and all I can hear is "click, click, click, click" (the sound is made even worse when the wearer shuffles their feet!).

I try to save my anger for the horrible drivers instead. At least some of them are a danger to other people so I feel better about getting mad at them.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:22 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,882 times
It would be interesting to know the ages of all the posters here that are so angry towards the ones who have a problem with the sound of the flip flops. I am almost sure they are the young folk who love all sorts of racket! like loud music, loud vehicles, and screaming audiences!

Old 08-11-2009, 03:33 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,744,493 times
Sorry to disappoint Towhee I am in my 50's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty