Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 06:11 PM

1,153 posts, read 3,602,986 times

Advertisements

Wondering if any one has any natural remedies for teenage acne....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 06:57 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,995,916 times
Wash your face GENTLY--and if acnes is a real problem, go to the doctor! They have so many things to take care of this. "Natural" isn't always good for you! Arsenic is 'natural", but it will KILL you!
Go to the doctor!

Old 09-02-2008, 07:57 PM

214 posts, read 961,685 times
Not really natural, but I would definitely like to recommend ProActive if/when you run out of other options. I had used over the counter products, dermatologist recommended products, even prescription products and nothing has ever worked more effectively that ProActive. Hopefully you will find something organic that works for you, but if not, consider it!

Old 09-02-2008, 07:59 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,251,255 times
Tea Tree Oil is recommended by dermatologists as an alternative to pharmaceuticals. It is also a good idea to try to have them avoid touching their face when not necessary...spreads germs! Good luck!

Old 09-02-2008, 08:01 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,866,824 times
Goes without saying, but stay away from junk food entirely. Includes soda, fast food, sit-down fast food (i.e. applebees), chips, etc.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:04 PM

79 posts, read 331,252 times
Drink water not soda!!!!!!!!

Old 09-02-2008, 08:41 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Like cb said..go to the doctor asap. The longer you fool around with acne, the harder it is to get under control and avoid damage to the skin.
If changing your diet or patting cow dung on your face cured acne, then no one would have it.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:12 PM

719 posts, read 2,666,566 times
Aloe vera.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:49 PM

355 posts, read 1,376,657 times
zinc vitamin supplements. i had tried everything. zinc pills killed my acne and i havent had a pimple since back in the 8th grade. im sure you can find something about it online or in books. i found out about it in a home remedies book.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:52 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
Um ok..whatever. Acne will not kill you and I dont think you need to rush off to the doctor for pills etc that havent been through a generational study to see what they really do to you. Not to mention those pills have made some teens become violent.

But anyway....

Wash with neem or tea tree soap. Tea tree can be more oil zapping and harsher. Neem is mild enough for everyone but works the best for daily use. You can order it online or get it at a health food store.

Dry spots should be treated with pure aloe

Pimple attackers:

Crush an asprin and add some honey to make an anti pimple mash to wash with.
save a bit to dab and keep on post face washing & mask to spot treat the pimples.

Leave the mask on for 15 minutes if acne is all over.
Use mask mix as a scrub if its mild acne and spot treat the pimples and just leave that on as long as you like. But at least 15 minutes on the pimple spot treatment

Lemon is a great mild exfoliation tool for teens. It gets rid of excess grease and mildly softens the top layer of skin to prevent a build up that can clog pores. Just cut it in half and scrub it all over the face and other acne type areas. I think its best in the shower because you dont have to worry about making a huge mess.

Dont use dryer sheets on your pillow cases
Use a fresh pillow case everynight
Pull hair back from face when sleeping

If they have body acne make a bottle of 75/25 white ving in a spritzer for the shower.
Spritz off and wash with soap as usual.
Repeat soap wash
Ving kills pimples and exfoliates the skin.
You can use it on your face as a rinse too...but its kinda burny to me.
Maybe if you were oily or had less sensitive skin it would work.
DO not get in your eye. It doesnt feel very good. LOL

P.s. make sure they take a multivitamin+calcium and have some meal that is high in vitamin C

Viactiv makes calcium chews for teens. They are like tootsie rolls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty