U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2008, 10:06 AM

1,271 posts, read 3,693,155 times

Advertisements

Carlos Campos To Use Only Black Models in His Debut Women's… | RuchingDiva's Xanga Site - Weblog

Carlos Campos, the men's wear designer known for his perfectly tailored suits, has announced that he will show his first women's wear collection on September 7 at the Altman building in Chelsea. But Mr. Campos, who was born in Honduras, doesn't plan to do it quietly: he will use only black models in his runway show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 12:31 PM

8,415 posts, read 35,886,076 times
Oh thats going to look so cool. As a photog its really disappointing to try to mix races and get good pictures. The lighting just cant pull up dark skin without washing out white.
All the warmness is lost on brown skin and the white..well looks like death. Dove does it ok-ish. But the AA girls are really pale. I always wondered what Naomi looks like in person.
But dark skin and suits is going to look so neat strutting down the runway.

I really like the header in your blog btw...I kept meaning to tell you that.

Who cares if its a stunt. Its going to be a cool looking one.
Unlike that runway show insult stunt where they put a heavy set girl on the runway to mock the media for blaming the modeling industry for using too thin chicks.
That I think...was really freakin rude.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:03 PM

1,271 posts, read 3,693,155 times
In all my art experiences, I never made the correlation regarding mixing skin colors and lighting.
Duh.....huh?

Thanks for the header comp.....it best describes what I believe anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Oh thats going to look so cool. As a photog its really disappointing to try to mix races and get good pictures. The lighting just cant pull up dark skin without washing out white.
All the warmness is lost on brown skin and the white..well looks like death. Dove does it ok-ish. But the AA girls are really pale. I always wondered what Naomi looks like in person.
But dark skin and suits is going to look so neat strutting down the runway.

I really like the header in your blog btw...I kept meaning to tell you that.

Who cares if its a stunt. Its going to be a cool looking one.
Unlike that runway show insult stunt where they put a heavy set girl on the runway to mock the media for blaming the modeling industry for using too thin chicks.
That I think...was really freakin rude.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:23 PM

6,473 posts, read 14,242,387 times
Yep, dark black skin needs different lighting than pale skin. Okay My keeper says I have to go to bed, but I am posing this link to beautiful black (African) models. CosWeAfricanWomenAreDoin&DoinItWell: December 2006

Old 09-08-2008, 11:53 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,489,182 times
i could see the link as hondurans are black also. being an honduran designer, maybe this line of his has a honduran/caribean flair.
italian vogue did an all black copy. or is doing one. its a stunt.
i dont think anything wrong of it. sometimes designers go for all punk/rocker looking models. it depends on the line and the theme of the clothing line.
sometimes they want all surfer types.
now this guy wants all black ones. its ok. these designers have their ideas. go figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty