Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2008, 07:11 PM

1 posts, read 17,833 times

Advertisements

Hi. I've been going to the tanner for about two years on and off. I never get really tan... or at least not the results I want. I don't want to be super dark, just a nice tan going so I can actually feel comfortable wearing skirts and so on. I've also tried self tanning lotion, and I'm just never satisfied with using those. I was wondering if anyone has used indoor tanning lotion that has worked good for them - what kind it is and so on. I've tried the tingling lotion and I will never do it again... but there's just gotta be something out there for me to use that will actually work. any suggestions please??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 08:23 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,282,515 times
I like L'oreal. You could try either the daily self tanner which smells faintly like tea or the regular tanner, which gives a nice toasty glow without streaks or an unevenness. I picked up a couple of bottles of Nivea tanner on clearance; it is OK; not quite as good as L'oreal though. I have used several bottles of Neutrogena Build a Tan but it just isn't worth a crap.

Buy L'Oreal Sunless Sublime Glow Daily Moisturizer, Fair Skin Tones Online at drugstore.com
*45 positive reviews*

Buy Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer, Fair Skin Tones Online at drugstore.com
Jergens is supposed to be the ticket but I've never tried it.

Buy Dove Energy Glow Beauty Body Lotion, Fair to Medium Skin Online at drugstore.com
I used Dove for a while; can't remember if it worked well or not. I prefer a dark tan though.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:27 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,988,586 times
Those "tingling" lotions are for use in a tanning bed--they won't give you a tan without those UV rays.
If you don't tan in the sun, then you are only damaging your skin in a tanning bed.
Pale skin can (and is) beautiful--if it doesn't have sun damage!
Try Jergen's lotion with the self-tanner in it. It does work, and it looks natural. I've found that putting it on, and then using a wet-wipe to clean around your toenails, and in between your toes (where the lotion tends to "stain" a bit") makes for a clean, nice color. You will have to use it for several days to get the best effect, and you have to apply at least every other day to maintain the color, but it's so much better than aging your skin in those beds. (I'm speaking from experience here....my poor skin is fragile and loosing elasticity because of my sun-worshipping.)
If you use the tanner on your arms, do the same wet-wipe thing on your fingers. The tube of lotion will tell you to wash your hands after using, but if you do, you'll have white hands and tanned arms! USE THE WET-WIPE!!!!
Good luck!

Old 09-03-2008, 11:55 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times
Hawaiian Tropics daily moisturizer. Very subtle for pale skin. (To me this one also has a more pleasant smell than the others I have tried.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty