Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 12:10 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,578,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
YOu need to change that "senior member" title to "queen of curls"

haha...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 11:25 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,260,210 times
Ok..so I finally got my foundation and tried it out. I cant vote and I didnt vote yet so I think I may have clicked the 1 star rating by accident once upon a frozen browser...

Review of Manic Panic Foundation
I got the white.

Face prep:
WASH -
Biore Pore minimizing foaming face wash
HYDRATE-
Jason's Aloe Gel 98% pure - for face's moisture
MAKEUPS-
~CG Foundation - Outlast Liquid makeup (Ivory 605) - this is neat stuff. Primer on one side and foundation on the other
~ALMAY Bright Eyes, Eye Base + Concealer (105 Light )
~Manic Panic Foundation (white)
~CG (covergirl) Clean Pressed powder (105 Ivory)

I used the two foundations for the first time and am really pleased. The CG's primer makes your entire face feel extra smooth and lets the make-up layers glide on without puddling all in one area or not spreading smoothly. I finger tapped on the CG ivory foundation where you would put blush.Did the almay concealer on the entire eye socket. (this product helps rid puff and dark circles visually) And then finally I put the manic panic on the back of my hand to use as a palate and started tapping it all over. Application starting under my eyes directly for highlight bonus and to avoid any "pooled" white look in one area. I moistened my hands and patted around to finish it off smoothly to set it with the CG powder. It didn't look like club wear or anything. It actually just looked absolutely right instead of somewhat too yellow.

Slept in it and I didn't break out but for one teensy pore clog that washed away and was gone by afternoon

I would give it 5 stars if I didnt feel dry under the eye from it the next day. But that may have been due to my eyeliner removal that I did with soap and water instead of oil like I should of. Nothing extreme. The aloe fixed it.

I think if you are pale or liked those white 70's under eye cream concealer sticks you should give it a try. Its thicker than most liquids and has a little spatula attached at the cap to take it from the bottle. Bottle is glass,screws shut type.

Old 12-27-2008, 04:28 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,168,876 times
Soo, you need to make your vote for it and on Monday, I can close it out. Does anybody have another product they want evaluated? Post it here or DM it to me.

Old 12-31-2008, 12:04 PM

Okay, I had a slight problem earlier with the poll - it wasn't clearing correctly with each product change, to where if you voted previously, it would not let you vote on the new product. Marka has graciously fixed it so that everybody can vote when the product gets changed.

Up this time for review is the Lancome Definicils Mascara that retails approximately $20.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:42 AM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
To me Definicils Mascara is the worst mascara I have ever used. It did nothing for my lashes. I've used cheaper brands like Loreal that I liked MUCH better. I want a mascara that curls my lashes and this one didn't do that.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:46 AM

I started a new series on my youtube channel. It's hairstyles based on the pinup art of the 40's and 50's. Tell me what you guys think.

HEre is my latest:

YouTube - Pinup Hairstyle-Vargas Inspired Hairdo-Easy!

Old 01-06-2009, 11:04 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,260,210 times
Lancome Definicils Mascara - Its just ok. It had more of a natural look to me. I think its perfect if you like the look of a naked face. My eyes are so dark brown they are almost black so I prefer a heavy thick mascara. The one thing that was a total plus is that it didn't burn my eyes or make my skin red. Slight amount of flaking. Not raccoon level but I always brush it off with a brush+powder. Its a good black mascara for light eyes.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:24 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,179,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenevada View Post
I started a youtube channel for retro hair/ makeup tutorials. Stop by and let me know what you think.

YouTube - LisaFreemontStreet's Channel
I wanted to thank you so much for these videos. The results were phenominal!!!!

Hugs to you.............

Old 01-14-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I wanted to thank you so much for these videos. The results were phenominal!!!!

Hugs to you.............
awwww, thanks so much. I'm hoping to develop my skills along the way so it's a win-win situation.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:30 AM

Up for review is the Deep Sea Facial Mask by Alba Botanica. This product boasts it Chinese and green clay mixture combined with Shea Butter, Chamomille, and a "marine complex" that works together to draw the oils and other impurities out of your facial pores. What do you think about this product?

If you feel another product is superior, name and explain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty