Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 01:55 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,537,395 times

Advertisements

I have a pair of the Mary Janes, the flipflops and the clogs.

I get compliments on the 1st two until the Croc snobs learn they're Crocs.

Comfy comfy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 02:39 PM

1,075 posts, read 4,311,148 times
Actually,

.. I've been standing at a street corner a couple of times, when strangers come up and ask where I've gotten those cute little shoes from .. and are they comfortable?

So there is a small minority out there who find them appealing.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:32 PM

342 posts, read 1,831,560 times
I wear Crocs, but only at work. I handle alot of chemicals and biological samples and when gross stuff gets on my shoes, it's a breeze to clean and disinfect. So I love my Crocs for that.

But I never wear them outside of work. I outgrew rubber and jelly shoes in elementary school. And personally, it definitely is not my style or look, even when dressing casually. I haven't seen the flip-flop Crocs; that's the only type I might consider. I do think Crocs are fine for kids though, mainly because they're so easy to clean.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:30 PM

969 posts, read 2,852,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone-ground View Post
Actually,

.. I've been standing at a street corner a couple of times, when strangers come up and ask where I've gotten those cute little shoes from .. and are they comfortable?

So there is a small minority out there who find them appealing.
None 0f my business what you do on street corners -LOL - but for real comfort trumps style

Old 09-19-2008, 09:46 PM

93 posts, read 288,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasonville View Post
None 0f my business what you do on street corners -LOL - but for real comfort trumps style
HAHAHAHA!!!! Oh mann!! Wow, I almost spit my orange juice all over my computer screen when I read that one!! hahaha! I can't stop laughing! Can you say REP?!? haha!

Old 09-20-2008, 10:35 AM

2,636 posts, read 6,649,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
IMO that is so sad that someone gets that upset with what someone else is wearing on their feet.
When I buy shoes, sandals crocs or whatever I wasn't aware we had to take a mentality test.
Try not to let it ruin your day.
Lol, it doesn't make me upset, I just can't comprehend how anyone can think that they look nice. Each to their own though.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:44 PM

1,075 posts, read 4,311,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasonville View Post

Hahahahahah!! I'm repping you too! That was funny!

I should have mentioned, .. while waiting at a street light waiting for it to change .. ahem ...

Old 09-22-2008, 08:36 PM

93 posts, read 288,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone-ground View Post
Hahahahahah!! I'm repping you too! That was funny!

I should have mentioned, .. while waiting at a street light waiting for it to change .. ahem ...
Haha yeah... funny how you "forgot" to mention that. lol

Old 10-01-2008, 10:44 AM

1,558 posts, read 2,598,254 times
my mom got my some dark blue crocs the other week. i call them mickey mouse shoes. they are very ugly, but they were very comfy for walking on the beach. def gonna wear them more now

people say you can tell a lot from someone by what kind of shoes they wear. nothing says "i give up, screw everyone, i wear whats comfy" like a pair of crocs

Old 10-12-2008, 01:20 AM

436 posts, read 1,348,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akire View Post
crocs are hideous on adults, but cute for kids.
I agree...fine for kids...have to keep those jibbits folks in business for a few more years.

For adults, I would expect to see them only on people while they're gardening, have a foot/ankle injury that makes it hard to wear tighter shoes or those who work in healthcare and have a uniform that consists of scrubs.

I mean, you wouldn't leave the house in house slippers, would you? They're kind of the equivalent to me. Although I did drive past a couple of girls walking down the street with slippers. They weren't being chased and weren't flagging down the police or fire dept so I assume they didn't need to leave the house in a hurry or because their house was on fire. I'm a rather casual dresser but at least I manage to put on shoes that are meant for outside of the home. Where were their pink foam rollers to complete the ensemble?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty