Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2010, 03:35 PM

75 posts, read 197,391 times

Advertisements

I work at a good job, making good money, and my employers don't mine my visible quarter sleeve, nor do they mind the ones on my ankles when I wear dresses/skirts. Though I have no problem covering them up, and there are quite a few people that have not a clue I have any tattoo.

Ooh! I have a cartoon tattoo! My dad and me are very close and he's collected Smurfs since before I was born and his nickname for me was always Smurfette. He went with me to get her tattooed on my side, cause it meant something to me and makes me think of him.

I also have 8 other tattoos and I adore every single one of them. I'm not concerned about having my ink and being "old and saggy" cause do you think I'm going to be scantily clad telling the boys to come get a piece of this sexy 80 year old ass? At least I'll be fun colorful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 04:21 PM

31 posts, read 42,434 times
I think that it depends on where and how big the tattoo is depends on how well it looks, i have only seen a couple people with tattoos that look funny..i have 5 myself and love em, but i think that it depends onhow much you exercise and keep your skin toned depends on how they will look when you are older.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:51 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,673,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugee56 View Post
Recently I have seen alot of young women at the beach who look all quite normal from the neck up but have just tons of tattoos all over their body. These are women who seem to be professional white collar women but hidden behind the clothes are as many as 10 large tattoos.

I wonder if they will feel attractive 15 years from now when tattoos are out of style and they have matured?

People/women with tattoo's are throw backs to the days of tribal markings.

That said, like any fad there will be those who think it's "cool" now but in time will see how "stupid" they were to vandalize a beautiful body.

Like Forrest Gump said....."Stupid is as stupid does" !!

Old 06-10-2010, 05:17 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,824,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
People/women with tattoo's are throw backs to the days of tribal markings.

That said, like any fad there will be those who think it's "cool" now but in time will see how "stupid" they were to vandalize a beautiful body.

Like Forrest Gump said....."Stupid is as stupid does" !!
I don't think you understand the difference between tribalism and, well, non-tribal tattoos.

Ahem.

This is tribal.

This is not.

Old 06-10-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
I don't think you understand the difference between tribalism and, well, non-tribal tattoos.

Ahem.

This is tribal.

This is not.
And you make the distinction how? Ink is ink is ink....no?

Old 06-10-2010, 06:18 PM

Quote:
And you make the distinction how? Ink is ink is ink....no?
You were implying that tattoos only belonged to primitive tribes, I was implying that your previous implication was incorrect.

Tattoos have been a part of many cultures, not just among the little villages with guys in loincloths.

Old 06-10-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
You were implying that tattoos only belonged to primitive tribes, I was implying that your previous implication was incorrect.

Tattoos have been a part of many cultures, not just among the little villages with guys in loincloths.
I'm not "implying" anything. I saying that tattoo's are tribal no matter who wears them.

"Reconnection with tribal cultures In contrast with the earlier tattoo tradition associated with the military, prisoners, and biker groups, which disavowed any connection with the "primitive," many of the new tattoo enthusiasts saw themselves as "modern primitives", embracing an art form that had been regarded in the West as a sign of barbarism."

http://www.articleinput.com/e/a/titl...ibal-cultures/

Old 06-10-2010, 06:27 PM

Quote:
I'm not "implying" anything. I saying that tattoo's are tribal no matter who wears them.
Then your understanding of human history is as terrible as your grammar.

Last edited by emi__; 06-10-2010 at 06:29 PM.. Reason: Hnnnngh.

Old 06-10-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Then your understanding of human history is as terrible as your grammar.
Is this your best shot? How lame.........

Old 06-10-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
"Reconnection with tribal cultures In contrast with the earlier tattoo tradition associated with the military, prisoners, and biker groups, which disavowed any connection with the "primitive," many of the new tattoo enthusiasts saw themselves as "modern primitives", embracing an art form that had been regarded in the West as a sign of barbarism."

Reconnection with tribal cultures
Didn't I already tell you that modern primitives don't make up the majority of the modified community?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty