Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 04:28 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times

Advertisements

I think Michelangelo defaced the Sistine Chapel...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 05:14 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,348,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I think Michelangelo defaced the Sistine Chapel...
This is not worth an opinion. Maybe you're disagreeing to disagree!!!!!

Old 10-07-2008, 08:25 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,719,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
I waited until I was 60 and mine are in areas that don't sag. Of course I plan to get at least 7 or 8 more tats and I really don't care if non-tattooed people like them or not.
Good for you!!

Old 10-07-2008, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Do a google search with the key words "catman" and "tattoos" together in the search box. You will see sites on a full on circus freak guy named "catman" I actually got in a bit of a fight with this dude once in San Diego. He goes on tours all over the world showing off his freakish appearance !
Wow! What did you do to 'set him off', if you don't mind me asking?

Old 10-07-2008, 08:42 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,027 times
In the end, everyone spends too much time criticizing and judging everyone else. Do what you want to do and be happy with your decisions and leave others alone even if they don't fit your definition of fashionable or beautiful.
I mean come on - if I worried about what people think on this fashion and beauty forum, then the fact that I'm over 40 and have long hair seems to be a big no no, I am over 40 and shop in the juniors section (because that's where I can find my size) is a big no no - and I have tattoos - huge no no.
My list of no no's....hmmmm....people who let their bodies completely go to pot - usually the ones holding up all the cars behind them waiting for the parking spot up front so they don't have to walk those extra yards. People who smoke. People who sleep around.
What is the point of these threads - is it just so people can vent their dislike about a certain "type" of person?
Okay I'm done - and am apparently in a bad mood tonight. Just get tired of the people bashing in these forums sometimes.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:50 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,348,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
In the end, everyone spends too much time criticizing and judging everyone else. Do what you want to do and be happy with your decisions and leave others alone even if they don't fit your definition of fashionable or beautiful.
I mean come on - if I worried about what people think on this fashion and beauty forum, then the fact that I'm over 40 and have long hair seems to be a big no no, I am over 40 and shop in the juniors section (because that's where I can find my size) is a big no no - and I have tattoos - huge no no.
My list of no no's....hmmmm....people who let their bodies completely go to pot - usually the ones holding up all the cars behind them waiting for the parking spot up front so they don't have to walk those extra yards. People who smoke. People who sleep around.
What is the point of these threads - is it just so people can vent their dislike about a certain "type" of person?
Okay I'm done - and am apparently in a bad mood tonight. Just get tired of the people bashing in these forums sometimes.
Well said. Don't worry about other's opinions as long as you're happy with the decisions you've made.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
I agree, sometimes I think it is more about venting than "Fashion and Beauty". I think it's a shame there's so much bias against Body Mods, but hopefully that will change soon.

Old 10-08-2008, 03:41 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
This is not worth an opinion. Maybe you're disagreeing to disagree!!!!!
Why isn't worth an opinion? Perfectly good piece of architecture, designed, built by craftsmen, and then some jerk tosses paint up on the walls!

Let's just say I'd fail an "art appreciation" course, because I have no appreciation for finger painting.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:58 AM

730 posts, read 2,888,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I am not now, nor have I ever been "from the lower class" (where is that exactly?) nor have I ever been a convict.

I have three tattoos, a lower back celtic tattoo that I designed and had done on my 37th birthday, a beautiful lavendar and blue orchid with a bee hovering above it on my left breast that I had done five years ago, and a gorgeous deep blue celtic heart with my SO's name and the words, "I am my beloved's and he is mine" around the perimeter of the heart--that one is on my right shoulder.

Each of my tattoos are beautiful pieces of art and I get many compliments on the two that show from people who think that they are stunning. Actually, only one person has ever told me that they didn't like my tattoos, yet she spent the entire night staring at them anyway.

I didn't get these tattoos to elicit approval from you or anyone else with such narrow minded attitudes. I got them because I wanted to and I don't need your approval or anyone else's. I love them and so does my man--that's all that matters to me. I love his tats as well.

BTW, I am a graduate student in Anthropology at a major four year University. My honey has a Ph.D. in Renaissance Literature--we're not making uneducated decisions to "mar" our bodies.
BRAVO!! Well said!

Old 10-12-2008, 12:22 AM

132 posts, read 390,317 times
Default Wowee

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSherman View Post
Why would anyone want to put their body through pain? Tattoos are such a waste of money, time and just stupid! Here in WA State every time I turn around, I see someone with a tat and body piercings- eyebrow, lip, tounge and the worst- nose. Get a life people! No one wants to see your gross rings. Take them out!!! I don't want to look at your nasty tounge!! Idiot!!
WOW now this is just what I was talkin about in the Seattle forum... How rude and judgemental WA people are! Sorry buddy but YOU just proved my point.

I think tattoos are a work or art. Some of them are pretty dumb and I wonder why the heck anyone would get them on their body, but some are in rememberence of a lost loved one, or something important to them. I say go for it if thats what you like or want for yourself! Let the haters keep hatin'! And piercings... eh some are pretty crazy but again if its what YOU like then thats what matters.

Oh by the way, I happen to have 2 tattoos and my ears pierced twice on one and three on the other! Oh and I also have my tongue pierced too!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty