Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2008, 05:39 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,063,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Hee Hee Hee.

Well, let me put it this way. I guess it always seemed appropriate to me - the ornaments around the neck - b/c Southerners often do this. As you know, we start collecting our sterling at age 18 (well, this was true for my generation - seriously doubt anyone does this any longer). So it was not unusual for girls to also start a collection of annual edition sterling ornaments, as well . . . a collection that then grows when one gets married . . .

Here is a picture of what I am talking about . . . it is 4 x 2 inches and looks nice on a 30 " sterling chain.

Amazon.com: 2007 Wallace Grand Baroque Sterling 'Cross' Ornament: Kitchen & Dining

And here is a snowflake - I really really like the snowflakes . . .

1990 GORHAM STERLING CHRISTMAS SNOWFLAKE ORNAMENT MIB
Ani, those are really very beautiful and I would be proud to display them on a tree but they are much larger than anything I wear as a necklace. Some people can carry it off, but not me. Besides, it's a mental thing. I would be constantly thinking 'I'm wearing an ornament.'...LOL
I could consider something similar, only smaller. Like I said, it would certainly be an improvement over enameled Christmas trees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 10:27 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,122,758 times
He He He
I love this thread! I had to giggle as I walked past the jingle bell necklaces in the $1 bin at Target yesterday!

Old 11-08-2008, 11:01 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
He He He
I love this thread! I had to giggle as I walked past the jingle bell necklaces in the $1 bin at Target yesterday!
Dang. I missed the marked down jingle bell necklaces.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Ani, those are really very beautiful and I would be proud to display them on a tree but they are much larger than anything I wear as a necklace. Some people can carry it off, but not me. Besides, it's a mental thing. I would be constantly thinking 'I'm wearing an ornament.'...LOL
I could consider something similar, only smaller. Like I said, it would certainly be an improvement over enameled Christmas trees.
Aw, heck, NCYank. You just don't know how much fun a sterling silver ornament can be til you try it, LOL!!!!

Reading this thread is a hoot. From my own posts, I can envision what others must be thinking about my style and taste, Hee Hee. Sooooo funny.

Old 11-08-2008, 04:06 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,251,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Dang. I missed the marked down jingle bell necklaces.

I was thinkin' the same thing...great gift for my crappy MIL...

Old 11-10-2008, 02:01 PM

566 posts, read 1,107,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
OK, why on earth would ANYONE over the age of 6 wear a theme sweater?? Or a holiday theme sweatshirt or t shirt?? WHY?? I can sort of understand an elementary teacher wearing one (2nd grade and under!!) but other than that, they are just silly.

What are the silliest/ ugliest pieces of theme clothing you have ever witnessed?? Hey, if anyone has pics, please share them! Let's have fun!!
THANK YOU!! They are soooo lame.
Sil and her nasty Big ass santa sweatshirt and lite up x-mas tree bulb necklace - yuk pewy. She was a teacher...of 19 - 21 year olds that were just too old to be in mainstream classes anymore. And she was way over 40 years old as well! It was awful. Wore it to a christmas thing with the family. Her green/red rudolph fake nails matched too. Where's the puke smilies? i gotta rep you for this thread.
I just hope people are throwing this crap away now.

Old 11-10-2008, 02:25 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,063,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellothereIN View Post
THANK YOU!! They are soooo lame.
Sil and her nasty Big ass santa sweatshirt and lite up x-mas tree bulb necklace - yuk pewy. She was a teacher...of 19 - 21 year olds that were just too old to be in mainstream classes anymore. And she was way over 40 years old as well! It was awful. Wore it to a christmas thing with the family. Her green/red rudolph fake nails matched too. Where's the puke smilies? i gotta rep you for this thread.
I just hope people are throwing this crap away now.
I can't decide if I should laugh or cry. That is tooooo much!!!

Old 11-10-2008, 02:51 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,520 posts, read 6,327,828 times
Im not going to name names. You know who you are. Some peeple are just NO FUN.

Last edited by Cecilia_Rose; 11-10-2008 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: Hunting for my Christmas bulb necklace to make sure the batteries work.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:46 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
Im not going to name names. You know who you are. Some peeple are just NO FUN.
You said it, sister!! Some of these people are likely to find just a lump of coal in their stockings...

Old 11-12-2008, 01:05 PM

Oh, I am bidding on Ebay right now for a sterling silver Gorham star. Let y'all know if I get it. Have a really nice chain all ready to put it on, Hee Hee Hee.

And I dug in the back of my closet and pulled out my totally sequined top: Candy Canes!!! Woo Hoo!!! it looks so cute w/ my black satin palazzo pants.

But I have been thinking . . . I only concentrate on Christmas. I have never tried to find a Theme Sweater for Thanksgiving. And think of the possibilities!!! A big ole turkey w/ REAL feathers . . . Getting all excited thinking about this. Maybe I will make a run to Michael's this afternoon and see what I can find . . . make me a Turkey Sweater.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty